Thread: Temporarily stop Keyboard and Mouse from working

Temporarily stop Keyboard and Mouse from working

Have you ever need to disable your keyboard and mouse for any reason? I do when i am watching movies on my computer and any kid comes and start pressing keys and rolling mouse here and there. Or when i am temporarily gone somewhere leaving opened a document on my desktop and my colleagues come and making some changes in it. you may need this when you have some download opened and leaving your computer on for some time.

This cause some irritation and probably damage. So here is an application which can fix this kind of problem, Its Toddler Trap .Toddler Trap is like a filter that takes all the pressed keys and mouse actions and suppresses them. Pressing a key or a mouse button will have no effect on the computer, there is no way to close windows or open right-click menus. Some special keys are still working but the Windows key for instance is blocked as well.This tiny utility is useful if you want to clean your keyboard or mouse without shutting down your PC or when you want that your co-worker or children messing with your computer when you are away for some other work.

When you start the software after downloading it, it will launch a small window that will take focus above all other applications, any keystrokes will eventually be captured by the software, negating them. You just need to execute it and you will see your keyboard and mouse blocked and a Toddler Trap window. To unblock your mouse and keyboard again, you just need to close this window.

It would be the perfect child-proof program, except for the fact that it can easily be exited by clicking the ‘X’ in the top right corner. So, if by sheer luck, the kid manages to click on the ‘X’, Boom! goes your computer.

Re: Temporarily stop Keyboard and Mouse from working

Toddler Trap lets you achieve this functionality with ease, just launch the small application and it will take focus negating any keystrokes and mouse movements. It is just like the name suggests, this software negates and key presses, allowing you to clean your keyboard without something funny happening on the screen.

Hey,, i am aware of this app. its really nice and useful. I always had to either shut down my laptop or disconnect the keyboard and mouse on my desktop in order to give them a good cleaning. but Toddler Trap do my work without making me do so.

The Toddler Trap window centers on the screen but it is possible to move it away from there. The window will always be in the foreground to catch all the input and this proves to be a problem when watching movies.