Thread: Create voting buttons to messages in Outlook

Create voting buttons to messages in Outlook

Many times, Outlook user comes across the situation to creating Voting messages. Voting buttons work in all versions of Microsoft Outlook to let you easily collect responses to questions (e.g.,Training sessions,accept response).

Outlook must be used to create a message that permits voting. Additionally, a recipient must use Outlook to exercise his/her voting prerogatives. OWA cannot be use in either situation.The recipient should click on the desired voting button. When a voting button is clicked, a pop-up window gives the recipient two choices: "Send the response now" or "Edit response before sending". The first choice sends the vote back to the original sender without further ado. The second choice deletes the original message and allows the recipient to enter a new message.

Re: Create voting buttons to messages in Outlook

If you want to create message with voting button, follow this steps:-
    • Launch Outlook.
    • Create a new message.
    • Enter the list of usernames of the recipients (separated from each other by a semicolon) or use a pre-existing distribution list.
    • Enter a subject that calls the recipient's attention to the voting buttons that will be visible when the message is opened.
    • Enter the body of the message. This should again call the recipient's attention to use the voting buttons that will be visible in the toolbar area of the received message.
    • In the View menu, select Options.
    • Check the item labeled "Use voting buttons".
    • Select the desired set of possible voting options from the corresponding drop-down list or enter the desirable options in the slot, separating each option from the next with a semicolon ";". Single words or very short phrases are best.
    • Click the Close button.
    • Send the message.

Direct inside option you can find a Voting button check box. You just have to click on that and provide proper names to each button. I use this frequently and it works really nice. To add your own details you will have to remove the default values. Or else it will not work. You can add different name using semicolons also. Before sending go on under Delivery. In that you can find save sent message option. Select it and then send the message.

I was using the same. On start I was not getting any results. I tried to mail the same question again and again and still the same issue occur. Later on I found that you have to enable tracking options. You have to enable it or else you won't be able to track anything. For open the message which you had sent with voting option in the same and then go in message tab. Go in Show Group section and click on Tracking. Whenever anyone replies you will get result.