Thread: Hide Files under jpeg Picture

Hide Files under jpeg Picture

Many of us hide our file to protect it from anyone else by making it hidden or by a software to lock it. But there is an another way to protect our files from others by hiding it under a jpeg image. visitors will see a image rather than the hidden files. You want to know how it can be done ? Just follow this steps:-

1. First of all make sure your system has installed either WinZip or WinRAR.

2. Create a folder on your hard drive, i.e. C:\Test and put in all of the files that you want to hide into that folder. Also, place the image that you will be using to hide the files in.

3. Now select all of the files that you want to hide, right-click on them, and choose the option to add them to a compressed ZIP or RAR file. Only select the files you want to hide, not the picture. Name it whatever you want, i,e. “Hidden.rar”.

4. Now you should have a folder that is having a jpeg image, and a compressed archive.

5. Click on Start, and then click on Run. Type in “CMD” without the quotes and press Enter.Type in “CD \” to get to the root directory. Then type CD and the directory name that you created, i.e. “CD Test“.

6. Now type in the following line: “copy /b (image name).JPG + Hidden.rar (image name).jpg” and press Enter. Do not use the quotes. You should get a response like this:

PHP Code:
    C:\Test>copy /(image name).JPG Hidden.rar (image name).jpg
    (image name).JPG
                       1 files
    <scopied.

C:\Test 
    7. Just make sure that you check the file extension on the compressed file, whether it is .ZIP or .RAR as you have to type out the entire file name with extension in the command. I have heard that some people say that they have had problems doing this with a .ZIP extension, so if that doesn’t work, make sure to compress to a .RAR file.

Now you are done..That is all it takes to hide files inside JPG picture files.You can access your hidden file in two ways. Firstly, simply change the extension to .RAR and open the file using WinRAR. Secondly, you can just right-click on the JPG image and choose Open With and then scroll down to WinRAR. Either way, you’ll see your hidden files show up that you can then extract out.

Re: Hide Files under jpeg Picture

Thats really a good trick. works great, love the idea. tried with winzip. Don’t forget the /b switch in the copy cmd, without it I got a can’t open zip file, with it works like charm.

Re: Hide Files under jpeg Picture

Neat trick. Worked just fine for me using using WinZip. I was able to open the jpg archive using the “Open With” function. Thanks. However, I was wondering if .mpg, .wmv, and .avi files might show promise instead of .jpg files.