Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Increase Hotmail size to 250 MB

Increase Hotmail size to 250 MB

Got thru mail..and really has upgraded to atleast 25MB
    Login ur hotmail account and go to options.

Go to "Personal"
    Click "My Profile"
    Change Country to "United States"
    Wait for browser to load United States settings.
    Change the state to any American States. For example "Florida" and zip code "33332"
    Click "update"
    Click "Continue"
    Go to "Language" and make sure its "English"

Paste this link in the same browser.
    http://by17fd.bay17.hotmail.msn.com/...n/Accountclose
    Wait until the Screen says you're Hotmail is Closed and ready to be deleted.
    Click "Close Account".
    Go back to login page and re-login to ur hotmail account..!!

Your account size will now increase to 25 MB, which a month later becomes 250 mb.
    Good Luck..!!

PS.It worked, however i guess the Florida thing is simply a diversion because new hotmail accounts are given 250 MB by default now. So the trick is to actually "de-activate and re-activate the account" only!
    [font='Courier',New]

You won't lose your mails and address books, believe me..!!

Its Tried and tested !!!
    [/font]

[font='Courier',New][/font]

mlnunes Guest
    hmm...will try it right now...
    but i've already changed the location to US couple of months
    ago and that din't work...hope this one will

Perfectly worked. Thank you for sharing this though I seldom use hotmail since it is slow. It's now 25 MB.

My sister wud like to thank u.

worked for me to...thnks...rep added

Ya man it works.
    my account says 25MB now.

taylor Guest
    It worked for me too!! Bluediamond, i wish i cud send u a gift or soemthing.. lol.. I have had my hotmail inbox at more than 85% full for over a year now!!!

EDIT: This is from the welcome mail i recieved after i re-activated my account.

You may notice that your storage meter for your e-mail inbox only says 25 MB instead of 250 MB. Please allow us at least 30 days for us to bump up your storage to the complete 250 MB.**** It is important to check your inbox regularly during this time.

**** - Receive 25MB at sign-up. Please allow at least 30 days for activation of your 250 MB of storage. Microsoft Corporation reserves the right to provide 250MB inbox free Hotmail accounts at its discretion.
    Last edited by taylor; 07-01-2005 at 11:36 PM. Reason: mi speeling suckx

my account is already 250 MB (almost a month now)

Change ur profile to this and see :

Country/Region: United Kingdom

State/Territory: England

Postal Code: 123

Time Zone: Universal Time - GMT
    There was another hack posted by an indian of Team S*D in August last year for hotmail 2GB but it involves illegal account nos. and I'm sure hotmail fixed that flaw.

Regards.

none of the hacks worked for my @msn.com address

has anyone tried ?

mlnunes Guest
    hey...my inbox is 250MB now...
    thanx to bluediamond

btw, just noticed this:
    *250MB inbox available only in the 50 United States, District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. Eligible Hotmail users will first receive 25MB at sign-up. Please allow at least 30 days for activation of your 250MB storage to verify your e-mail account and help prevent abuse. Microsoft Corporation reserves the right to provide 250MB inbox to free Hotmail accounts at its discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by bluediamond
    mine is still at 25!
    i thnk its bcoz i changed in btwn hearing mask and ferrari!!!
    i was the one who started this and now... sigh!
    Dear bluediamond,

The trick I posted is not incorrect. Why shuld I fool around or post incorrect info? I'm moderator here and I always "think" before I post !
    I'm not to be blamed for ur account not getting upgraded to 250MB. That only shows how "greedy" and "impatient" one is like me!

My account is 250 MB since almost a month. I have seen similar hack on s*d forums in "August 2004" and since then I have changed my profile region settings to UK and one day when I logged in my hotmail account I was surprised to see 250MB !!

This will definitely be an exciting news for freshers but definitely not for someone who already knows it since months ! Just like the Gmail craze or even the Windows 2000 Source code

U havent posted the source of this trick since as per the link posted by unix.blackhat the 250MB hotmail news is old which only further supports my side ! Or maybe I assume u got it from an illegal site(very low possibility)

If u still don't believe me then I will PM u the direct link to that hotmail 2GB hacking and yes don't try it since it's old now !

You see currently u can't even imagine that what a mess I'm in my personal life so I'm sorry if anywhere I'm rude since u r the female sex here

I won't be available for comment for maybe many days now since I have to tackle the disaster in my personal life

Good bye and I'll be back !

Best Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari
    Dear bluediamond,

The trick I posted is not incorrect. Why shuld I fool around or post incorrect info? I'm moderator here and I always "think" before I post !
    I'm not to be blamed for ur account not getting upgraded to 250MB. That only shows how "greedy" and "impatient" one is like me!

My account is 250 MB since almost a month. I have seen similar hack on s*d forums in "August 2004" and since then I have changed my profile region settings to UK and one day when I logged in my hotmail account I was surprised to see 250MB !!

This will definitely be an exciting news for freshers but definitely not for someone who already knows it since months ! Just like the Gmail craze or even the Windows 2000 Source code

U havent posted the source of this trick since as per the link posted by unix.blackhat the 250MB hotmail news is old which only further supports my side ! Or maybe I assume u got it from an illegal site(very low possibility)

If u still don't believe me then I will PM u the direct link to that hotmail 2GB hacking and yes don't try it since it's old now !

You see currently u can't even imagine that what a mess I'm in my personal life so I'm sorry if anywhere I'm rude since u r the female sex here

I won't be available for comment for maybe many days now since I have to tackle the disaster in my personal life

Good bye and I'll be back !

Best Regards.

:shutup:
    mask, did u feel anything now
    i just said even after so much days mine hasnt been upgraded to 250..maybe its because i changed to try ur tips tats all..mayb thats the delay! one month may reduce depending on usage..also i dont use hotmail everyday!
    wat a lecture u gave yaar.. u r really in a mess it seems
    dont worry..come back asap..

Hey Chill Ferrari
    Guess she just meant she wasted time jumping between the two methods, though both are pretty much the same. Both are working and have the same results : 25MB initial -> 250MB finally.

@bluediamond: They clearly state that you are given an initial 25MB account, and will gradually increase it to 250MB. When they do it, is upto them.. you can get lucky and get it increased promptly to 250MB like Mask did, but more often than not you will be given only 25MB like the most of us. I also assume, the more active you are with your account the sooner it gets done

Hi,
    Rinku here,
    I just register as a member and was happy to get instant benifit of knowing the trick to increase hotmail mailbox size to 250 MB.
    For those who are a little suspicious about the account close thin. Believe us it really works without any problem.Just take care that you login immediately after you do the account close activity.
    Regards,
    Rinku

Thnx to all ... upgraded my 2 mb hotmail acc to 250 mb in a day

I tried an experiment with 2 hotmail acc's

1 Account

changed location to US , florida

closed the account , activated . Result 25 mb space.

then again chaned location to UK , England

closed the account , activated . Result 250mb space.

2 Account

changed location to Uk , England

closed the account , activated . Result 25 mb space.

then again chaned location to US , Florida

closed the account , activated . Result 25mb space.
    Last edited by C4u; 18-01-2005 at 04:55 PM.

Hey I think it is just like the Yahoo stuff. Yahoo started giving 100MB and initially only available to US ie @yahoo.com address. And at that time there was tricks to increase your account size (for .co.in). And now every Yahoo account including .co.in is 250MB. I think hotmail will follow the suite soon for every one.

Dont worry guys if you have still not got 25MB or 250MB. Microsoft will make it that eventually for everyone. As a matter of fact a friend of mine in India is using his hotmail account for last 8-9 years. And his account size was increased to 250MB some 6 months ago.

In any case, all thanks goes to the Great Google. I rely a lot on it these days!!!

BTW My account size also got increased by using the trick - first 25MB, and after a week of so to 250MB.

Confirmation of Closed Account

Error!

Due to an internal error your request cannot be processed.
    We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later.

....this is what i got...i got a @msn account...
    whts the deal,..cant they upgrade or even close msn accounts huh !?

taylor Guest
    DOnt copy-paste the link in the first post of this thread to Close ur hotmail account. Try "Copy Shortcut" (in IE) or "Copy Link Location" (in Firefox) and then paste it in the browser. That should solve your problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast