Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delhi Hotwire Users Club

^Where does Hathway provide services and whats their website?
    Scans can be done on any network. Advanced IP scanner is a very low-end tool. There are many Security Scanners out there which you can use to scan Hathway or any other network. BTW scanning is considered illegal by ISP's.
    Last edited by zewarrior; 02-12-2004 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zewarrior
    Scans can be done on any network. Advanced IP scanner is a very low-end tool. There are many Security Scanners out there which you can use to scan Hathway or any other network. BTW scanning is considered illegal by ISP's.
    Yep i kinda meant that, you cannot stop Hackers, even microsoft servers are hacked, but if they implement some basic security steps, it would certainly reduce hackings as newbies to networking (me included ) would not be able do it.
    Hathway offers internet access through cable operators(as hotwire) in West Delhi.I'm not sure about other areas.Thier website is www.hathway.com

1100/= for the Gold package -8kBps down and 2-3kBps up. Downstream rates have been much higher in the past few weeks.

And no I dont think Hotwire has been bought by Hathway.

No hotwire is not bought by hathway, the thing , the cable operators is in my area had fight with hotwire, and since all the cabling is done and mantained by these cable operator, so officially all the connections belong to them, and they have the right to decide the ISP.
    BTW you can try your luck to turn off the authentication thingy, just tell thier engineer that you use Linux, and since they got no client for linux, he may turn off for you, if he is a nice guy as was in my area that means night users can surf all day, even when authentication is working

I dont think HotWire provides a Email /SMTP service even though as i remember correctly their brochure said they will give 2 email accounts (10 mb) + webspace !! wen they launched their services in my area (last year September ) .. hmm .. need to have a tete-a-tete with my cable wallah ... and yes Soundforge do list 2-3 linux hotwire authentication systems .. i wonder if all this backdoors (no need to authenticate.. ) have been put up by some open souce fan who mite have a bit of role in their network

Tweaks !! wat tweaks please lemme knowwwwwwww

hey guys using hotwire..
    speed uploads : 8 kbps
    mysteriusly went upto 50 kilobytes ps today

and someone was tlaking abt tweaks and abt getting 100KBps + speed
    hey guys share some screts here
    i wld love that kinda speed for 1100 bucks i am spending every month ....

BArgaining TIps
    : 1 . it helps if there are other providers in area ,
    2. Tell them u know abt users getting it for 700-800 in other areas ... insiders tip the cost to cable operator is less than Rs 500 /- !!!!
    3.Threaten to disconnect and switch to another provider
    4. Tell him it crashes often , speeds are pathetic basically whine and complain
    5. Last REsort : shift to a better base , near my / Romil's home :p better shift to somewhere in US they get dirt cheap high fast cable there :/

Hey guys!! Any idea how to log out of the current authorization system?? I don't see a logout button anywhere.

I closed the browser but I think AVs, Gmail notigication etc. will keep accessing the net even if the browser is closed. And these things will keep adding to the hours, isn't it? What do you guys think??

Edit. I tried to contact the cust care, but it seems eternally busy
    My Main Computer
    P4 2.4C, Asus P4P800 Deluxe, Zalman Alcu7000A HSF, 2X256 MB Crucial and 2X256 MB Corsair DDR 400 RAM, Radeon 9500 Pro, LOGITECH MX 510 mouse, Antec Smartpower 350 watts, Seagate and Samsung 7200 rpm HDD-80 GB each, SyncMaster 763MB monitor, Samsung CD writer, Altec Lansing ATP 3 speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by zewarrior
    Hotwire Authentication Services are back up since today evening. You got to re - register with Hotwire. Speeds are worse than before!!! Let us know of your experiences.
    Boy O boy! This thing $uck$ big time

Was disconneted for nearly 2 days, their customer service was "absent" due to sunday, my local provider was "clueless." Lastly, I had to work-out with restartating his server and having the authentication thing back.

But, speed back to pathetic 7-8 kBps. Time to rethink our startegies guys!

@Pagladashu
    No logout button for me too, connection still on if you close the browser window. The only option to disconnect is to shutdown I suppose. Looks like, this thing can be bypassed too

Please continue this thread in good taste and better critisism, for the rest of the things please post your Yahoo! or MSN IDs
    www.techarena.in

do u guys login frm their site ?
    i have this ****ty red iconed login thing i gotta use to login
    good news is
    their server crashed and now i have speed ranging frm 40-54 KBps YAY !!!

and guys there has gotta be a way we can simulate this thing and get better speeds on a consistent level ??

i mean this kinda speed is awesome...
    cant we find a way past the auth system ?

the bypass ?? well my operator has some trick , he told me to connect without logging in so i connect w/o logging in 99% of time , sometimes (occasionaly ) i do have to log in , the 2Mbps burst was prolly coz of a glitch on hotwire part , heh reminded me of the days hotwire started i got a 5mbps speed for 3 months then they brought in the stupid s/w

EDIT : my email ID : amit [dot] amitwadhwa [at] gmail [dot] com , in case smbdy has something to tweak the connection settings of hotwire
    Last edited by darklight; 28-12-2004 at 01:22 PM.

Affection ITS TIME TO ByPAss HOTWIRE WEB LOGIN..

Hello Friends..
    I started using this Hotwire connection for Rs 550/- for 100 hrs..

EDITED

so I started working on it.. If anybody have done so .. then plz. tell me so that "Ek se Bhale Do"
    till then I will try my best ...
    Itchamp2100

MOD EDIT: ITChamp, such discussion is not allowed on the forums!
    Last edited by Crazy_Eddy; 18-01-2005 at 06:01 PM.

My package was recently upgraded from 64Kbps to Hotwire Ruby - 96Kbps at Rs. 750/- per month but i dont see much diference in the speed though

Somebody asked that if Hotwire provides with POP3 / SMTP?
    Yes they do. The SMTP server IP is same as your main server IP (if your CTO as not disabled it for SMTP relaying) and for getting pop3 email address, you need to call customer care. They'll creat an email id for you on hotwire.net domain but its extremelly unreliable (POP3) but their SMTP relay rocks.

Hi Guys, nice to see some good discussion on our good old Hotwire ISP. I am now using the unlimited 64 kbps packagae but the local Hotiwire guy says that some new packages will be introduced very soon. Looking forward to see the new rates. Hotwire service is decent.

I am using the 96kbps package right now and I get the download as 10-11kbps. Last month I was using 128kbps plan and used to get around 15kbps.

Govt has reduced the connectivity charges upto 70% that is applicable to ISP (and BPOs) taking large bandwidths from the ILDs. If they pass on the benefit to us the charges should further go down. It will be applicable from May 1st. Any one having idea if Hotwire is reducing the chrges?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast