Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delhi Hotwire Users Club

This Happened With Every Service Provider

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmeet
    For me hotwire is getting worse every day. they started as a decent service but now they are going downhill.

I am going to change over to AirTel DSL

You are right! This happpened with every service provider. Initially for some period they were having good service. But I think when they got increase in subscribers they couldn't able to handle them. Simply they don't want to upgrade themselves instead they want to get money out of what they had already invested. What do you think guys!!!!!! Am I right???

[MOD EDIT]Link Edited. Read the forums rules.[MOD EDIT]
    Last edited by ~Romil; 01-06-2005 at 11:13 AM. Reason: The BIG Link, dunno why you post them.

Hotwire is the best ISP in Delhi @ the moment. PUBLIC IP+Unlimited Downloads (24/7). Nothing comes close. I guess what makes it a bad experience for some people are the local providers (your cable guy). MTNL and Airtel would be good if they can provide you a Public IP and Unlimited packages.
    My RiG:
    i286 CPU @ 10MHZ; 8 Mbyte RAM; 2MB Cirrus Logic VGA; 20MB HDD; 14" VGA Monitor Built-in PC speaker; Windows 3.1; WinZip and WinRar - (for compressing my DVD movies) (I'm a Quality freak so I always do a 2-floppy rip).

So, Gentlemen here you're... I realized the truth about Hotwire being a "satisfying ISP" prematurely

Here goes my ranking for New Delhi:

1. Primus India (Hotwire): Public IP, Unlimited data transfer, negligeble downtime, constant upstream/downstream, affordable price etc. (And no, I'm not a commision agent )

2. Airtel Broadband

3. MTNL Triband (New Night package)

4. Spectranet

5. Sify

Please free to comment if you beg to differ
    www.techarena.in

Hi People!!!

Have been using hotwire for the past 1 month, paying 500 for 48kbps unltd connection ...................

no idea whether i can rate it till now.....had 24online pwoered by elite core earlier..........

anywayz reply to my email id anshul_1987@yahoo.com and we can discuss some bugs and tips which can be used in hotwire.........

Bye
    Anshul

I am using the 128kbps VEGA pkg from Hotwire.

I think it is 995 + tax. Actually, this may not be the exact figure as I could not find the receipt they give me. But the figure is something around that mark.

Tips about Hotwire is welcome. Anshul, if you dont mind, you can please pass me a tip or two @ pagladashu at gmail dot com.

Thanks in advance
    My Main Computer
    P4 2.4C, Asus P4P800 Deluxe, Zalman Alcu7000A HSF, 2X256 MB Crucial and 2X256 MB Corsair DDR 400 RAM, Radeon 9500 Pro, LOGITECH MX 510 mouse, Antec Smartpower 350 watts, Seagate and Samsung 7200 rpm HDD-80 GB each, SyncMaster 763MB monitor, Samsung CD writer, Altec Lansing ATP 3 speaker.

Well currently using 128kbps unlimited 1100pm. No probs from the Hotwire, but the LCO downtime is there.

New thing found out about Sify, from my LCO, who servers both Sify as well as Hotwire. Sify 128kbps unlimited has the following drawback. If you download more than 150MB on any day, 1 day will be deducted out of your month. So you will have to recharge 1day*x number of days you went beyond 150MB.

Another thing is the tarrif of Airtel, who laid cable at my place in Noida. They are offering DSL at:
    700pm - 128kbps unlimited
    1000pm - 256kbps unlimited

well this is indeed a carrot, even if not giving a static IP address. Airtel reviews till now shows mostly decent uptime, downloads and customer care. And minus the LCO, looks quiet appetizing!!!!

Waiting for more feedback before making any decision. I am using Hotwire more than past one year. Hopefully there will be competetion and Hotwire will match the tarrif.

waiting.....

Re: Delhi Hotwire Users Club

Hi,
    I have been using Hotwire for a little over 2.5 years now. Recently Airtel has introduced plans which cost almost half of hotwire.... i.e. 256kbps for 1100/-
    The uptime of these DSL connections is also much higher.

Hotwire with their local LAN web would not be able to provide good speeds in future due to too much crap traffic generated by users' machines without firewalls. So I have decided to wait for a month or two and if hotwire still doesn't cut down the tariffs ... good bye.

Just for example ... past 2 days hotwire has been crawling ... as far as I am aware thats true for the entire Delhi Hotwire network.

The ONLY thing that goes for Hotwire is the static IP.

Hmmm.....I'm here.

Hi!
    I have hotwire for about 2 years. And their security is so low that I've become a professional hacker during this time.

I have lots of tweaks for hotwire. But my favourite is to upgrade my package by breaking into the administrator's control panel. Then I can renew my package. I tried this many times but finally got caught when my local provider notaced that lots of packages were being renewed. Then he got my physical address and such crap. But now I've finally found a way to bypass this metho too. And now i'm invincible. I am willingly exchanging this trick with anyone who "offers" a suitable exchange. It can be a similar trick or any materialistic thing(The latter being more unlikely). I have a 550 plan but when my local operator is not there at nights, I upgrade my package to Rs. 1400 and change it back to Rs. 550 in the morning. I leave my computer on overnight and by morning I have downloaded like 2GB of files!

In case if any one of you have any sch tricks, inform me. I am willing to exchange them with this one. The only limitation is that you can only find the password of your local provider. but that is enough to renew your own package. http://forums.techarena.in/images/smilies/cool0000.gif

You can contact me at damn.magnet at gmail dot com.

I could have helped those folks at hotwire to fix this hole, but they are not offering me anything to fill that hole up. If they would offer me sumthin like a 1MBps or even an unlimited 512kbps connection, I may agree. But since they do not, So why do i care. besides even if they fill that hole up, what's the use? I know 3 more such tricks. LOL Pity them.

With dignity,
    Damn. Magnet

P.S. If u have any queries or any suggestions, do contact me. I've provided my e-mail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12