Thread: Xmark Setup appears on every Firefox restart

Xmark Setup appears on every Firefox restart

I had removed Firefox and re-installed a fresh version of the same on my pc. But there is a bit problem in it. It was slow. Once done I had installed LastPass and Xmarks on the same. I am having all my bookmarks synced in Xmarks. So whenever I re-installed my browser I add the addon and it is restored. But there is a new problem I am facing. Whenever I restart Xmarks startup on screen and ask me to synchronize. Also it is not able to remember my old login details. After providing that manually it works well. But whenever I start my browser again Xmarks popup comes on the page.

Re: Xmark Setup appears on every Firefox restart

It looks that you are using a old version of Xmarks. I will advice you remove the current addon of Xmarks from your pc. And find a new version from the official site and install that in your browser. Then go in Tools > Addons > Extension. In that click on Options of Xmarks addons and choose Run Wizard. Then follow the screen instructions. It will let you to sync the bookmarks back to your browser. You can then use those links. It wont come back. If you are having a old version then you might get the popup again and again.

It is buggy sometime. Your old Firefox settings are not wiped out due to which you get the problem. The best thing here you can do is remove Firefox and install a new version. Try to wipe out completely. When you uninstall it will ask you to save settings that can be re-used later on. Just ensure that you delete them also. Then you can go in the program files folder and remove any folder of this browser. Run Disk Cleanup after that. Find the new version and install it and then add a addon one by one. Install LastPass first. And then go with other one. Like Xmarks or any other addon. LastPass will by default add the login details in Xmark.

Sometime Firefox is bit annoying. Compare to this I found Google Chrome a lot more better. I was using Firefox before. My antivirus AVG keeps on giving me warning that Firefox is eating up too much ram. And sometime it even cross around 1GB. I have to restart my pc and again the ram usage is hyped. It is really annoying. I shifted to chrome. I found LastPass and Xmarks addon for Chrome also. It is working lot more better now. There is no problem in it. There is performance issue also. I will advice you to test this on a different browser if the Firefox performance problem is not resolved.

Re-installing Firefox is a temporary solution. It is not like that it will be fixed instantly. I had also seen that Firefox sometime eatup too much ram. And it does not work well. I had tried finding solution for that. Even resetting the Firefox settings does not help. Later on I scanned my pc and found a few toolbars causing the issue. There are so many toolbars that just load up in your browser and slow it down. It cause problem with the entire system later. You have to remove them. There are some nice adware scanner that you must always use. This will keep the adware away from your system which also cause this kind of problem.

I will go with Google Chrome. I think this browser is quiet lot more better than Firefox. It has been found that the new version of Firefox is getting more and more annoying. It is consuming too much ram. And I also get the same kind of notification from AVG. I have to sometime kill the Firefox process through Task Manager and retry it back again. But it did not respond well. The best thing you can do here is try using a separate browser and add the same plugins in it. Most of the plugins that you found on Firefox is also available on Google Chrome. So you can easily find and use the same.