Thread: using gmail account to sign up to Microsoft account

using gmail account to sign up to Microsoft account

Hello,

I am having an old Gmail account that I am looking to set it up for a Microsoft account. I dont know whether this is possible or not but has anyone successfully signed up to a microsoft account with thier gmail account? I was trying to do that but it seems that the option to use the existing email is not supported infact. Was there any option to do this or there isnt any? If anyone knows about any workaround then please let me know about it. Thanks

Re: using gmail account to sign up to Microsoft account

After a lot of testing I finally did it. I was using a gmail address and after that when I visited the official Microsoft Account sign up page then I was not getting gmail as an option but only Live, Outlook and hotmail were available. After that I went to the https://signup.live.com and just used my same gmail account where an email address was asked for. After that I filled out all the information that was required and verified the email and everything worked smoothly.

You can also try to import or subscribe to your Google calendar in microsoft account. To do that sign in to your Google account and go to the Export your calendar page. After that follow the on-screen instructions to save an .ICS file to your PC and then follow the instructions for importing a calendar in Import or subscribe to a calendar in Outlook.com. For more information visit this website - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/outlook/gmail

Even though the above trick works but still it will be good if you make a new account on Outlook.com. The outlook email will always give you the best experience on a Microsoft Exchange device and there is no doubt that the calendar, email and other sync options are outstanding. I have heard that google indexes all the emails in their gmail email addresses which is not good at all. Hope this helps you out.