Thread: How to use Tor browser in Windows 7 for surfing

How to use Tor browser in Windows 7 for surfing

I am trying to use Tor browser, but I am not able to figure out how it really works. I want some help here through which I can get more from it. I had seen on the web that Tor browser is having too many hidden tricks from where we can access various content. But yet I cannot see any of this. The browser just work like regular one. I am having a portable edition in my pen drive and I can use that in my college for web surfing. I am not using the default browser as it saves many history and has all the records of sites I had visited. I am trying looking for mo information on the usage of this browser. Can anyone guide me for this.

Re: How to use Tor browser in Windows 7 for surfing

Tor browser is easy to use. It is best if you want to surf privately. There is no need to look study much on that. When you turn it on there are ample of settings in which you can turn on anonymous surfing. One of the best part of this browser is that you wont get those annoying redirects. It is best for avoiding the same. Tor browser is free and it works like just all other browser. I am using this to surf my work sites. Because I do not want those ads redirection and popups which is happening quiet often on my system. I also have a antivirus but that is not helping much.

To get maximum output from Tor, it is best recommended to use Linux. There are certain settings which are only known to experts. And it will take time for you to understand how really Tor works. You cannot just go on the search engine and type things. It has a lot of internal links that are hidden and not easy to access. And many of them are officially banned. So be alert while using such stuff. Tor is just a way to explore the hidden part of web and see what really people are doing. There are contract killers, drug sellers, etc. So I do not really recommend you to go much deeper.

Tor browser is not something very complicated. It is simple to use and has all default features that you can find commonly in browser. the only thing makes it popular is anonymity. There is a full guide on the web that can teach you, how you can really use the browser. It is quiet simple. It has the address box on the top where you have to type the url and hit enter. That's it. To go in much deeper settings you have to understand how it really works. You can configure the browser settings to access uncensored content. Which is officially blocked by many browsers.

I had used Tor Browser and I do not really understand how it works. I had seen many results which are very much similar to regular browser. You can access different web pages and you can visit various sits through that. It is actually a good browser to checkout sites that are not really accessible due to restriction. It is good to avoid going on adult sites that are officially blocked by the government. Or else you can land on some kind of penalty. You must checkout what rules implies in your country. The browser settings are easy to use. At the time of installation you can configure the settings you want.

Tor browser works through Tor Network. It has its own site list where and you can access those through that. Tor just tries to keep your anonymous. So that no one can really track what you are searching. If you use regular browser then it maintains a record of history. This things are not available in Tor. It is not really illegal to use Tor, but it is not good to access blocked sites. Sites that provide content which is banned by the government. For fun sake you can test out the browser and checkout its settings. You can see what benefits it offers other than regular browser.