Thread: Can I lock Firefox browser with some password

Can I lock Firefox browser with some password

I want to lock my web browser through a password. And I am unable to find any application that can do this. In android we can find a app locker tool. I want something like this for Windows and only for the browser. I have some important bookmarks in my browser which I do not want to share. My pc is used by many people. I had told all not to use Firefox. There is chrome also. But I had seen people still try to go in the same browser. So if it is password locked then no one will try to open the same and mess with my data in it.

Re: Can I lock Firefox browser with some password

There are software for Windows. You can lock a entire applicable through that. Or you can do the same through internal windows permission settings. It is possible to deny access to a application. For that right click on the shortcut of Firefox. Then go in Security. There you can find users you have access to Firefox browser. Remove access to all and provide only to your user account. Create a separate account with limited rights and let them use Chrome. When they try to use Firefox they will get a access denied error.

Quote Originally Posted by DamarisK View Post
    There are software for Windows. You can lock a entire applicable through that. Or you can do the same through internal windows permission settings. It is possible to deny access to a application. For that right click on the shortcut of Firefox. Then go in Security. There you can find users you have access to Firefox browser. Remove access to all and provide only to your user account. Create a separate account with limited rights and let them use Chrome. When they try to use Firefox they will get a access denied error.
    Thanks for sharing i didn't know about it before.

No need to do the above procedure. Because in it you have to create a separate user account and then play with the permission. There is one more simple way to fix this. You can just use a Firefox addon for this. The name of that addon is Master Password+. Just install this in the browser and set a password. It will not allow anyone to access the browser. Whenever anyone double click on the Firefox icon will give a password prompt box on the screen. And the browser will only work once you had provided the correct password.