Thread: mouse pointer disappears on google chrome browser

mouse pointer disappears on google chrome browser

I have recently purchased a new HP laptop and downloaded the latest version of Google Chrome browser. I am having Windows 8.1 OS in my computer and when I am using mouse pad then the pointer doesnt show up when I move it to the chrome browser window. There is no problem with the touchscreen which is running properly for choosing things. When I am using any other browsers like Internet Explorer then mouse pointer is visible? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: mouse pointer disappears on google chrome browser

Can you try to type chrome://version in your chrome browser address bar and confirm that you are using the latest version of the browser? If not then this way you can check if there is any available update for your browser. Have you also checked whether this same problem is happening on Firefox browser? You can try to uninstall and reinstall the chrome browser and see if it works for you for a start. Hope this helos you out.

Can you try to test this problem on your Google Chrome browser in Incognito mode which will temporarily disable your current extensions if there is any faulty one which is causing this issue. To do this go to the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu. After that select New Incognito Window. You can also press Ctrl+Shift+N to get into this Incognito mode. If you are using any other device rather than computer then find tips for it from this link - https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?hl=en

You can also try to disable your hardware acceleration settings and see if that works for you. To do that simply go to Chrome Settings and then System and uncheck the mark for "Use hardware acceleration when available". If still this doesnt work then try to kill Flash in your browser as many users have told that doing this will let you see the mouse cursor working again. Hope this helps you out.