Thread: Firefox 35.0.1 freezes until mouse is moved

Firefox 35.0.1 freezes until mouse is moved

I have recently updated my Firefox browser to 35.0.1 version on my laptop. I have noticed that whenever I open Firefox for the first time then it will freeze the computer completely and all downloads will freeze and webpages will also not load. After that when I try to move the mouse around then everything gets settled. Does anyone know if Mozilla has released a buggy version of the browser which is creating this issue. Should I move back to an older version of the browser? Thank you

Re: Firefox 35.0.1 freezes until mouse is moved

Can you try to start Firefox browser in Safe Mode and test by loading the webpages? To do that simply click on the menu button and then click on Helo. After that you need to select Restart with Add-ons disabled and then firefox will start up with the Safe Mode dialog. You can also start Firefox in Safe Mode by holding down the shift key while starting Firefox. After that check if you are getting the same problem of freezing or not.

If the above solution doesnt work then try to create a new profile and test it with no extensions or themes installed in Firefox browser. To do that click the menu button and then click Exit. After that press Windows Key + R (click the Windows Start button and select Run... on Windows XP). Now go in the Run dialog box and type in this "firefox.exe -p" without quotes and then click ok. More information is given here - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...refox-profiles

This bug was reported in Firefox due to a malware issue which is installed in your laptop and you are not aware of it. You can try to run some free programs to scan for malware on your system and remove all those things. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware that has a protection module in real time based on advanced heuristics technology. This specific module of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware monitors the process and stops malicious programs before they start.