Thread: How to find on a website that is facing a DDoS attack

How to find on a website that is facing a DDoS attack

Is there a way to find that a site is facing DDoS attack or not. I want a bit information on the same. I am having some sites with me and my clients ar complaining that it is slow. At first when I check it works well on my side. They are slow due server limit. But also I want some way through which I can find whether the site is facing some kind of DDoS attack or not. I am quiet sure there will be some way of doing this. Is there any third party software that can scan and find out whether the site I am using is working well or not. I am quiet sure that the sites are having some of these attacks.

re: How to find on a website that is facing a DDoS attack

I do not think it is quiet easy to identify the same. If your site is working slow then there will be something in it which is causing the problem. You have to check the server stats that will provide you more detailed information on the same. There are some third party software but I do not really think it will be able to give you detailed information. You must contact your hosting provider about the same. Tell them that you are having slow site issue and they will do the needful. They will fix the same.

You can go with some online site scanner which will test and let you know that whether your site is having some kind of DDoS testing. And at the end you can get a report that will be enough to tell you whether your site is working well or not. Some sites offer you a online service that will fix the DDoS attack on its own by charging a small fee. But I think contacting the hosting provider is the best option. Because they might have to make changes in the IP details to make it work and also dns flushing will help.

If you are on WordPress then you have plenty of options to fix the problem. On WordPress there are some ready to use plugins which works quiet easily and wont give you much problem. DDoS attacks are done to hamper your site performance. It will open slow and you wont be able to get much better output. There are some good security plugins which on their own will block the attacks and protect your site. But if this is a major issue then it is good to go ahead and try finding out some third party service who can secure your website.

You can test that through labs.sucuri.net. This site will give you a bit information to find whether your site is having some kind of DDoS attack or not. If you found that your site is under such issues then you have to just contact someone who can fix this. Most of the time the hosting provider take care about this. They check properly and you can also drop them email about the same. The attack might be not so severe. Also try to see your site traffic. Sometime some plugin or heavy theme commonly cause the issue. And you cannot just get rid of that. DDoS attack is not a kind of serious problem.