Thread: Is it true that we can make video calls from Firefox web browser

Is it true that we can make video calls from Firefox web browser

I am trying to find out the way through which I can make video call from Firefox. I saw a picture in which it is shown that now you can make calls from Firefox directly. But that does not looks to be working. Is there a addon that we have to add on the browser to make it work. I had tried a lot form my end but this does not looks to be so easy. I am using Gmail here for making video calls and for that I am using tiny addon in the browser. But that does not looks to be working fine.

Re: Is it true that we can make video calls from Firefox web browser

Yes that feature is integrated and I am quiet sure that it is easy to use. For that you have to just put a addon to make the video calling work. You will need a new plug-in called Firefox Hello. This allow the users to make video calls via the browser. And here you do not really need Skype. Because in other cause you need a separate software on which the video calling relies. But here you just make calls through a web browser through a tiny addon. User on the other end will also have to do the same thing.

Re: Is it true that we can make video calls from Firefox web browser

I am using this. And I find this a really helpful. One of the biggest advantage is that for using Firefox Hello you don't have to use go ahead with necessary registration. You have to download and install the plugin and the job is done. Once you have installed you have to go ahead and agree.You can simply start conversation in the same. When you start the conversation it will generate a link. It will generate a link and that you have to share with your friends and done. The conversation will started.