Thread: How to add a Facebook like popup on a wordpress site

How to add a Facebook like popup on a wordpress site

I want some help to add a Facebook like popup on my WordPress site which I am not able to find. I want that if someone clicks on a article he can see a Facebook popup window. And after liking that page only it must appear or else it must not work. I had tried looking around but it looks a complicated procedure. I am not having any development knowledge so I cannot do coding stuff here. Is there a ready to use plugin for the same. That can add a popup box on the article pages of WordPress.

Re: How to add a Facebook like popup on a wordpress site

There are tons of plugins you can go for. You can use the one that simply fits well for your site. Each of this plugins are having different type of features. So you must always check the documentation before using the same. Or else it wont be working well. The one that I think will really help you is Social Pop. This is a nice plugin. It is having ample of features through which you can customize it as per your need.

Re: How to add a Facebook like popup on a wordpress site

There are few things needed before using such plugins. Like you cannot force a user to like your Facebook page. Many sites give you a locked content and force you to visit the fb page or twitter page and then only it is unlocked. It is essential that you must use a plugin that has timeout settings. Or else it can cause ranking issue with your website. There is one that you can try using is Social Traffic popup. Try to test a few different plugins and check that they work well. There must be enough settings in it.