Thread: How to migrate all contacts from gmail to live.com

How to migrate all contacts from gmail to live.com

I want to move all my live.com contacts to gmail. There is a big issue with live.com. I had connected my gmail account but that does not looks to be working well. Also I had seen that there are so many Facebook emails in that. Does live account also sync the Facebook contacts. I do not want them. Most of the people that are synced in my live account are unknown. I have bought a lumia phone on which I want to import my contacts and want to use them. But there is lot of mess up.

Re: How to migrate all contacts from gmail to live.com

You have to first clean up all the contacts from your live account. Delete everything and disconnect the yahoo and Facebook account. You don't really need that. If you do, the your live account will sync all the contacts under people and it will be messy to clear the same. Because it also takes a lot of spam ids in the same. So here first select all and delete them. And then just connect your gmail account only and done. You will be able to get what you are looking for.

Re: How to migrate all contacts from gmail to live.com

I had did this. For that first go in Gmail contact and select export. Choose all the contacts and then simply export them in the form a csv file format. You can then go in the live account and then click on people. And there select all and delete the contacts. Remove all of them. Now go in the live account back and click on people. There you will find a import button at the bottom. Click on the same and done. You can import all the contacts that you want. No need to connect your gmail account with the live account.