Thread: Getting only 2kbps of download speed on 1mbps internet connection

Getting only 2kbps of download speed on 1mbps internet connection

I just got a new internet connection from MTNL. I am having a 1mbps plan here and when I start any download I am only getting 2kbps of speed. I am unable to find any reason behind this. I checked by downloading a file from the web. In Firefox the download speed is shown at the bottom side which is around 2kb only. I tried restarting my pc a number of time but the speed is not increasing anytime. I had tried restarting the router also but still it is not working. Want some help here.

Re: Getting only 2kbps of download speed on 1mbps internet connection

First start with updating the lan driver. You can find the drivers on the official list of your motherboard manufacturer. If you are unable to find that then you can try running cpu-z. This tool will give you the model of motherboard. And then on that basis download the lan drivers and install the same. There are chances that you are using a old version due to which you are facing the issue. You can find the latest drivers on the site and install that. And if this also does not work then you have to contact your ISP.

Re: Getting only 2kbps of download speed on 1mbps internet connection

There is a big issue with MTNL. I do not know why but most of the time the internet does not work well. That is why I had switched to TATA Photon where it works really well. There is no problem in the surfing speed on the same. And it works really well. In your case you can try changing the lan cable also. Sometime cables is not proper due to which you are facing problem. So you can replace that and test out. But if basic troubleshooting does not help then you can try contacting the ISP for the same.