Thread: fix for Dailymotion thumbnails blacked out in firefox

fix for Dailymotion thumbnails blacked out in firefox

I am using the latest version of Firefox browser in my pc. I have noticed that if I am on Dailymotion video streaming website when I turn off the age gate the the thumbnails are getting blacked out. I have checked online everywhere for a solution to this problem but none of them actually work. This problem actually started with the last update of Firefox, so it means that the last update was some kind of buggy. On other browsers Dailymotion is working properly. Is there any fix for this problem? Thanks

Re: fix for Dailymotion thumbnails blacked out in firefox

Have you tried to restart Firefox in Safe Mode and checked if that works. To start in Safe Mode, Click the menu button, click help and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled. Firefox will start up with the Firefox Safe Mode dialog. Now Clicking the Start in Safe Mode button will temporarily disable your extensions and themes, turn off hardware acceleration and reset toolbar and button customizations. When you leave Safe Mode and start Firefox up normally, your extensions, themes, and settings will return to the state they were in before you entered Safe Mode. More information is given here - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...x-in-safe-mode

Have you actually turned on the Windows Settings for Family Safety which might be causing this problem. If Parental Controls are enabled on your Windows then it might be the problem. You can try to open the Web Console by opening Firefox and then going to Tools > Web Developer. After that check on the Network tab if there is any content blocked and has a file size 0. You will need to reload the page by pressing the F5 key to generate the log.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Check to make sure that you have not blocked images from some websites. You can tap the Alt key or else press F10 to show the Menu Bar. After that check the permissions for the domain the currently selected tab in "Tools > Page Info > Permissions. Now you need to check the Tools > Page Info > Media for blocked images. Just choose the first image link and use the cursor down key to scroll via the list. If there is some image which is grayed out or has a Block Images checkmark then remove it to unblock images from the website.