Thread: Constant request timeout on 8mps high speed network

Constant request timeout on 8mps high speed network

I am on a 8mbps high speed internet connection. It is provided by my local ISP. He said he is offering me a fiber connection where I will get full 8MPS upload and download speed. It is not at all true. After setting up the internet worked well for few weeks, but later on there is constant request time out error. I found this through ping command in cmd. I am getting 4 to 5 replies and then there is request timeout. Due to which I am not able to surf web, unable to download files and upload keeps on failing.

Re: Constant request timeout on 8mps high speed network

You have to call the isp to resolve the problem. It can be fault in the connection. Request time out appear if the server load is heavy or if there is any problem in the line. If fiber brakes then there will be no internet. Ask the ISP to test the line first. They have special tools for that which tell whether the fiber connection is proper or not. Sometime it gets broken or bended in between and cause such problem. I do nt think from your end you can do anything. This is a ISP issue.

Re: Constant request timeout on 8mps high speed network

Just for basic troubleshooting you can check your lan drivers. Just update them and test back. Also ping your router/modem by typing ping 192.168.1.1 -to find whether it is working well or not. You can also update the router firmware. That might help. If the line is proper then the issue can be in the network of your system. You can check the switch and other stuff also. Sometime this kind of high speed lines need a good router. Basic routers are designed for home usage. High end routers can manage higher bandwidth easily. You have to test that.