Thread: How to completely disable downloads in Windows 7

How to completely disable downloads in Windows 7

I want some application that can help me to block the downloads. I am quiet not able to find out this on the web. There is no software available that can directly do this. I want a tool that can turn of download for sometime and let the upload works. I had seen my data packets are quiet high. There is no upload but there is lots of download and that too on a idle mode. I tried restarting the pc but still the issue is same. I had kept a few files for download from the torrent. And after that I moved the files and deleted the torrent link. But still the download keeps on working. It is not able to stop. How to find which application is causing this issue.

Re: How to completely disable downloads in Windows 7

There is no option through which you can turn off download only. You have to disable your lan adapter if you want to stop everything. This will just disable your internet connection. That is the only thing you can do. Windows 7 does has any internal features like that nor there is any application that can do this. I had seen many time when there are virus in your system the download or upload is higher on ideal mode. You have to boost your pc in safe mode for that first. Disconnect your internet connection and just scan your pc with a good antivirus. I am quiet sure that will be resolve the issue.

You can find the list of application in your system by using process explorer. Download this first. It will give you the list of programs works in the
    background and through that you can find if there is any application causing the problem. You have to remove it. Sometime this is done by malware. If you install a lot of free or pirated games, your system gets infected with malware. They will keep on using your internet bandwidth affecting the overall output your system. Scanning is not going to help you much. To get a full log report of all application working in your pc, you can try using Hijackthis.

Disable antivirus software from your machine & check your browser settings 'Ctrl+H' and start your PC in Safe mode.