Thread: Yahoo Messenger keeps on reconnecting on Windows 8

Yahoo Messenger keeps on reconnecting on Windows 8

I am constantly getting Yahoo Messenger popup on my screen. Whenever I work after a few minutes yahoo messenger goes offline on its own. And then it gets online back and the application appear on the screen. It is very annoying whenever I am typing. It just keeps on coming up. I am quiet not able to figure out the issue here. I am able to surf internet properly. I can open up various pages that means the intent is working fine. Then why yahoo messenger keeps on disconnecting. It gets very annoying sometime. Especially when I am trying to watch any video. The messenger just pop in the front of screen and it moves the video screen to backside.

Re: Yahoo Messenger keeps on reconnecting on Windows 8

This type of issue occur when your internet connection is weak. Like it is breaking in between. That is why you can see the yahoo messenger box on your desktop screen again and again. You will have to first find whether your internet is stable or not. And you can do that by running the ping command. Go in cmd and type ping www.yahoo.com -t and hit enter. If you are getting request timeout error then it means the internet connection is dropping in between due to which you are also loosing your yahoo login. You have contact your ISP for the same. I also got the same issue sometime. It is quiet annoying because yahoo just disable your active application on the screen.

Re: Yahoo Messenger keeps on reconnecting on Windows 8

You can keep automatic sign-in on so that yahoo will login to your account whenever it gets log off. I am using the web based messenger version. Whenever there is any chat the messenger box pop out in the browser and it is quiet less annoying. You can try using this for sometime and once your internet connection is stable you will be able to use your chat messenger easily. Compare to yahoo, pidgin is lot more better. Because it remains in the background if there is any issue. It does not just pop-out on the main screen. The only issue of using pidgin is that you cannot transfer files through that.