Thread: How to stream live tv on Ubuntu pc

How to stream live tv on Ubuntu pc

I can see a lot of streaming app for Windows, but not able to find anything for Ubuntu. I want some application that can help me to streaming live TV on the system. There is not an requirement for all channels here, only a few that can be good and entertaining. Especially the music channels. In YouTube you have to keep on selecting the videos and then only they play. But in LiveTV there are constant program that are wroth to watch. I cannot find any good software that can offer us some popular live tv channels. But there there are ample of tools that allow you to stream YouTube videos. I do not want to use them.

Re: How to stream live tv on Ubuntu pc

There are few things for Ubuntu. In Windows you can find various software and most of them are free. But there is no specific list of channels that you are really going to get in it. For Ubuntu you can still try using Me TV. You can find this in the Ubuntu Software center. Just add this and test out. I am not quiet sure there are many programs in it but still you can test out. It is a kind of TV application for Gnome. It supports you different streaming standards like DVB-T, DVB-S, DVB-C and ATSC. You can try streaming other channels on the same. I will advice you to test this one or else there are few more you can test out.

Re: How to stream live tv on Ubuntu pc

I had seen there are not much things for Ubuntu when it comes for live streaming. You have to use those services which are browser based. Because in that the video is played in the browser. There is no need to download any third party player. Most of the news sites offer live streaming for free. You can get ample of latest updates on the same. And for channels you have to buy paid services that is browser based. Just try to find the list of live TV on the web and try to find the product section where you can find compatible downloads. If a specific players i not for Ubuntu you can skip it. Livestation is one that can work on Ubuntu.