Thread: Checking a site preview before opening it in Firefox

Checking a site preview before opening it in Firefox

How to get a site preview before opening the page. I am looking for this feature in Firefox. I want to do this so that I can check the website before opening it up. It will save a lot of bandwidth. I had seen this feature before in Google Search where when you move the mouse icon on the url link a box open up and you can see the web page preview in it. But now this thing is gone. I want to use this to check different sites. I am trying to download few images and most of the sites are giving up small icons. I just need hd pictures. Most of this site are taking long time to open up and it is also annoying to sit back for the image for load. So I will check which site are having proper images through site preview.

Re: Checking a site preview before opening it in Firefox

For this I am using SwiftPreview in Google Chrome. This help a lot to check the site before opening the same. You have to take your mouse on the link and it will show you a preview. It is fast and helpful. There are very less extension like this that really works and give you appropriate output. But you can test out the same one by one and I am quiet sure you will get what you are looking for. For Firefox you have to go on the addon page and search for this kind of addons. There might be some. But this is same like loading a page. It does not generate any lightweight page or a image. It is very much similar to opening a page in new tab.

Re: Checking a site preview before opening it in Firefox

It is a kind of time saver feature and Google has started this before. But now they are not offering the same. They give you a nice image of site before opening it. In Firefox you can try using CoolPreviews. Amazing tiny addon for having a site preview before opening the same. It works nice and does not cause any performance issue. But it might not boost up your surfing usage. I will recommend you to test this and if you find this slow then you can stick with the regular method of previewing the website. Just try to test this out and then check back.