Thread: Google Play Store error "background data disable", how to enable it?

Google Play Store error "background data disable", how to enable it?

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 smartphone and I am facing some problems while opening Google Play Store on my phone. After launching the Play Store, I am immediately getting an error message saying that "background data is disabled" and I have to enable it to use the Play Store. When I press OK button then it takes to me Account settings and I already have everything synced with my Gmail accounts. After that when I press back button then it again gives me the same error message? Now I am not able to use Play Store on my device. Please help me.

Re: Google Play Store error "background data disable", how to enable it?

Even I am facing the same problem and the only way to download all application is to go on the website of Play Store and download all apps from their to my phone. You can easily do this by going to this website - https://play.google.com/store and then sign into the same Gmail account which you are using on your mobile phone. Once your device is registered and recognized on the Play Store then all you need to do is search for any app that you want to have on your mobile phone and click on Install button. The app will be downloaded on your phone but note that you will got to have an active internet data plan on your phone to download and install the same app.

If you want to use the Google Play Store Play Store app, you'll need to turn on background data on your device. Below is the step by step guide on how you can turn on background data.
    1. Open your device's main Settings menu.
    2. Under "Wireless & networks", select Data usage.
    3. Touch the Menu menu icon (depending on your device, your Menu icon may look different).
    4. Make sure "Restrict background data" is unchecked and "Auto-sync data" is checked

Source: https://support.google.com/googlepla...63315?hl=en-IN

Even I had similar problem and I also didnt know how did I even restrict this option in my smartphone. In any case, you can go to Settings and then on the Connections area simply scroll down to Data Usage. After that just check the graph to set the mobile data limit, and under that you can also see all the apps you have used the most. Now you need to scroll down to Google Play Store and then click on it and scroll down to uncheck the option of Restrict Background Data.