Thread: Firefox always block files that I am trying to download

Firefox always block files that I am trying to download

There is some issue with Firefox in my pc. Whenever I try to download a file it shows that it is a blocked. I am getting a message on the screen that thee might be some kind of virus in the file and it then does not allow me to do anything. I need some help here to fix the issue. I had tried various ways to download file but that is not working. I had scanned my pc for virus and there is nothing I can locate in that. So it is quit sure that the issue is in the browser not in my pc. Ho can I unlock all this file download.

Re: Firefox always block files that I am trying to download

From where you are trying to download. Sometime if the site is infected you get this messages. If you are trying to download a software then try to download it from some other location and I am quiet sure that will help you a lot in fixing the issue. There are many popular download sites in the web that offer you many software's. You can visit those site and download your files and use the same. Try to find some trusted source and check back. I am quiet sure that is going to help you more.

Re: Firefox always block files that I am trying to download

Try to check in the addon section. See that if there is any third party security program which is causing the issue. You have to remove the same to fix the issue. A number of time when you install a antivirus in your pc it will also add a browser plugin and that can cause the issue. By turning that off the system will start working fine. If this does not help you much in fixing the problem then the next thing you can do is try to re-install the browser back again and it will surely resolve the issue.