Thread: What is good about having a fiber optic connection at home

What is good about having a fiber optic connection at home

My internet provider has brought a new scheme of fiber to the home internet connection. It is already present in my city but I found this a costly solution. I found one plan that is cheap. It is limited but has a lot of feature and the ISP told that I am going to get amazing speed on the same. From long time I am planing to upgrade my internet connection, but I do not have much to pay. There are around 4 pc at my home with a media player that also has a internet connection. I had upgraded to 4mbps to stream hd video but still it works low. I want to know some advantages of fiber optics. It is worth to go for.

Re: What is good about having a fiber optic connection at home

Fiber optics connection is best if you want to view HD videos from on our devices . The video playback is very slow when you are on regular internet. You get a high latency on that. In Fiber you will get this really fast and amazing. Even if you are streaming videos on different devices it is going to work well. For smooth video output you need a good bandwidth. This is a critical choice but it will also add more to your entertainment. You get a direct connection to your home that can allow you to watch videos in HD or Ultra HD.

It is costly but amazing. I have one at my office for which they pay around Rs.6000. If there are people in your home who can share internet connection then you can go with the same. Today you might have seen there are many boards that comes with WiDi support. This devices are are based on the transfer of high definition files from a computer or other device. And if you are not having a good bandwidth at your home you get good speed. If you are planing to have devices like Apple TV or Chromecast you need this type of connection.

It is worth only if you can afford. I will recommend this connection for those who wants to play video games online. Online gaming platforms needs a high speed internet or else the game lags a lot. When there is a regular internet that is shared on different pc the bandwidth gets low. And today there are many devices which always receive updates. This also consist pc and android. Through wifi your system can remain updated all the time as the speed is quiet nice here. You can use the same for watching movies online.

There are so many benefits here when it comes to fiber connection. You get amazing download and upload speed. My friend has a Nexflix service. He got a new fiber connection at him Home and now it works very well. This type of connection are best for platform that has on demand movies and TV shows. You will get buffer free output on the same. For high definition TV this is a must if you are streaming video from internet. For those who are using home video surveillance systems also need a good speed so that the can monitor properly.