Thread: Need help to clean Gmail inbox filled with spam

Need help to clean Gmail inbox filled with spam

After a long time I am checking my Gmail id and what I can see is tons of spam. It is very complicated to sort out the email that are important and those which are spams. I want some fast way to clean the inbox. Does Gmail has some integrated features that can help me doing this. I am trying to find something in the settings. But it is not working. There are separate tabs in the inbox. I cannot blindly delete all the emails. I will loose a few important mails in the same. This is getting a very time consuming process.

Re: Need help to clean Gmail inbox filled with spam

I do not think there is any automatic way of cleaning the gmail inbox. You have to go with a manual process and you have to tick on the email and report them as spam. Next time those mails will not come in your inbox. They will directly go in the spam folder from where you can delete them. Try to sit on that a few hours of day. That will be a lot better. You might be able to clean that up in a a week or in few days. I do this once in entire day for few minutes and my account remains clean.

Spamming is a big issue on gmail. You cannot do anything for that. I had switched to yahoo. It is more better than gmail. Google has just initiated compulsory mobile number for creating new email accounts. And that might stop the spamming stuff. For sorting your mail the best thing you can do is simply configure the email on any email client. And then you can download all stuff and then delete the things that is not needed. It will take time but that will be a lot faster way of cleaning up unwanted emails.

Just delete all your emails. That is the best way I think. It will take hours for you to check each of them. Do this, set a date. And check your mails to that date only. Like 2 months old or 4 months older. And delete all the mails before that. It will help you to sort your mails. Anyhow any mails that is older than 2 or 4 months will not be much helpful. You can just get rid of the same. And then you can try to check important mails from a few one. You can check on the basis of email id also.

There is one way to work quiet faster. You can do one thing. Create different folders in Gmail. And then sort the mail. Try to search email on the basis of email id. You will get all mail from that in one place. Select all of them and move the same to the folder. And then delete others. This will be a lot time saving options for you. You can just delete all the mails which are not needed. This is the only way to get rid of the issue. If this does not help then the manual option is the only that is left.

Gmail has a search filter that will help you to sort files as per your need. It is possible to simply sort the mails in the form of alphabetic. Or through which you can also simply sort the mail in size and data received. So if any mail which has a lot of images is easy to guess. You can delete them. You have to work once properly through which you have to sort the mail and then you can get rid of the same. There is one more thing that will help you in fixing the issue. You can try using Big Mail. That will also help.

You should create 'Gmail Filters' to sort out emails that are important and those which are spam.