Thread: Lots of spamming issue on WordPress how to fix

Lots of spamming issue on WordPress how to fix

I am quiet annoyed with so many spams on my site. It is a new and there is hardly anything done on that. And now there are tons of links keeps on coming up. I am quiet sure there is someone who is messing with my website. What can I do to deal with the problem. I am not sure about using any plugins because I am not the one who make changes in the site. I had tried calling the developer who is not available. And he might get free after 3 days. I want some instant solution here. Each page has tons of messages with links in it.

Re: Lots of spamming issue on WordPress how to fix

To fix this issue, please follow the given below instruction:

1) Require Moderation: Go to the settings > Discussion, Here you will see more options Wordpress has for cutting down on comment spam. What you see below are some default options that are very useful

For Example: When Rita post’s a comment and you get a email then decide to approve comment for display on your post. When Rita post again, then his comment will show immediately, because you already trust him. Whether if you want something more strict, then check the box always requiring approval.

2) Automatic Spam Detection: As you will see, thousand of comments held for moderation each day, and they all are spam. But you need to find a real comment.

3) Due to Some Antispam Plugins- This is an very common issue that cause a lots of spamming.

You just have to enable akismet. The default spam fighting plugin. You can find a guide on the web that will teach you how to use the same. You have to generate a api key and add the same on your site and done. This will deal with the spam. You wont have to do anything. Later on you can try using some other solution if you think this is not effective. Spam issue is common on many site and the good part of using WordPress is that we have so many different addons for the same. We can use them.

There is one tiny plugin that can sort your issue. Mostly spam is done through comments box. And you can turn that thing off permanently then there will be no spam at all. You can simply add a disable comments box plugin on the site. And this one will work really well. Through this you can hide the comment box permanently. It will not be available at all. And there will be no spam. You dont have to use any other tool later on. And if in future you turn on the comment box you have to add a anti-spam plugin also.

Wordpress is the best cms. There are ample of good plugins available which you can use for making your site lot more better. And if you are not happy with one plugins then you can go ahead and use another one. I am quiet sure this will be more than enough for giving you proper support. Now for spamming you can try using a anti-spam plugin like Akismet which comes pre-installed on the cms. You can use that and block spammy content. If you do not think this can work well then you can try more better plugin.

There are paid as well free plugins which are used for WordPress spam protection. You have option to use many of them. WebPurify is counted under the list of best plugin. This one is really great and provide you various offer to protect your site from different stuff. Through this plugin you can block spam on the basis of text and words. You can add text in it and the plugin will automatically stop the spam. It is a big advance one and works really amazing. You can just try using this one and I am quiet sure it will help.

If your site is new then there is nothing much to worry. A few tiny plugins are enough to help. I think you can start with Akismet. And if you think this plugin is not helping you much then you can try to get rid of the same and get a better one. It is good to use a paid one. Because those brings professional features to your site. You can control your spam and do a lot more thing easily. Along with anti-spam try to find out some thing that can provide you a bit of security benefits also. That will also help.