Thread: How to permanently skip ads from a YouTube Video

How to permanently skip ads from a YouTube Video

Does YouTube has some settings though which we can permanently stop all ads. I am quiet annoyed with different ads on each video. And it takes around a minute to complete. You cannot just skip the same. There is nothing like adblock for videos. But for site we can get that. I am trying to watch some movie on YouTube and after every 10 minutes there is ad. It is very annoying. I want to permanently stop all those ads and watch the movie only. I am quiet sure there can be this kind of options that I can go for.

Re: How to permanently skip ads from a YouTube Video

For Google Chrome users there is an extension called Skip ads on 'YouTube' - No illegal block, which allows you to skip the ads and go to the video.

There is nothing like that for videos. You can only skip the ads when you see the skip button. You have to watch them anyhow. This is YouTube's ways of earning money. They wont get anything if you dont watch the ads. And this is getting common on many video sites. Sometime it is annoying because you keep on getting the ads on the screen. Most of the site that provide you free content has this kind of stuff. Or else they are not going to survive. Try to stream the YouTube videos on vlc and see whether you get this ads or not.

YouTube videos are not having any option for that. I am also trying to find the same thing. I have a smart tv on which YouTube app is pre-installed. I had connected the tv to high speed internet through wifi network. And when I stream video on that after every 15 minutes there is a ad. IT is so annoying. Youtube does not even provide a paid account where we can get access to various videos with no ads. They have a single account only. They must start a subscription based service.

YouTube is a media sharing site. It is not like Netflix. Anyone is allowed to upload videos on that and people can view it. YouTube earn by advertisement and if that is removed then how you can get this free platform to use. You will get a option to skip the add and you can click on the same if you do not want to view things. It is simple. But some ads does not comes with skip button. You have to watch them and then video is going to get continue. I do not think we can do anything in this.

Most of the time I had seen ads are shown on start. And when you are watching movies then in between but after a long time. The ad does not just appear instantly anytime. It will come after a regular time interval. And that too after a long gap. So dont have to worry much about that. Just leave it playing or you can skip as mentioned above. But when you are using a third party software like vlc I do not think you can get a skip button on that. Because of lack of flash components.

Streaming video in the default YouTube player provides more options. You can modify the screen quality and make it low as per your need. Low resolution means faster streaming. Those who are on high speed internet does not have to worry. You can even view a full hd resolution and get constant output. In default player you can reduce the resolution if you are having streaming problem. But in third party player you dont have any option. In future we might get button to block ads in it.