Thread: Uploaded images not visible on site

Uploaded images not visible on site

I have a html site which has a photo gallery. Images are embedded on that. There was some issue with the site speed. The gallery takes a long time to start. So I simply downloaded all the images and reduced the size. It was around 1024 pixels which are reduced to 40% and uploaded them back. I have a backup with me. After that when I refreshed the page the site images are gone. There is a white space. I am not able to figure out why this compressed images are not visible. I am using Filezilla to download and upload files on the server.

Re: Uploaded images not visible on site

In this you have to check two things. First the location where images are stored and second is the name of file. If these two things are proper then pictures will start working. You have to check the location properly before making a upload. I am quiet sure it will start working well if you put all your images on the right place. Just try that once again. And do backup your entire site before making changes. This is a good habit to avoid any error. Because if things does not work you can restore everything back again.

You might have messed up with the name due to which you are getting the issue. Also some servers have issue with image format. You have to check that once. Just ensure that you are using the compatible image file format. Like jpg is the most common one. Try to compress the images and save them in jpg file format. And then try back. Use a ftp here. You have to change one picture and check. If that is working then only replace the entire folder. And try to keep the backup of your old files. You might need them.

Please check the complete path & name of all images and check your web page in a local browser. While your image path is correct then the pictures will start working.

I also think the same thing. It is due to wrong name or due to wrong file format. You can find that. You have to first restore the old image back. Then right click on the same and choose image properties. You can find this option in Firefox. And then try to find the file name and its details. Like the resolution and other stuff. And then check the same. I am quiet sure this will start working and will not provide you any problem. The image properties must be the same as it was before.

If this was WordPress then you dont have to go with manual options. Just a few months ago I had migrated from HTML to WordPress. I was having big issue in managing my site. For any changes I have to modify the entire code. But in WordPress things are lot more simple. For example in your cause you want to compares the image. And you can do that by using a very tiny plugin. This is available for free. You an use lazy load. This will only load the images when a person scroll. There is nothing simpler than this.

I agree with that. WordPress is really amazing. If you are trying to find a long term solution then it is essential that you must go with WordPress. try to find a good developer who can help you in migrating the site in it and then use the same. I am quiet sure that will help in dealing with the issue. WordPress is a simple and easy way to manage your site. Due to availability of so many plugin it has become a lot more easier to make change in it. You can add and remove things in that easily.

It may be .htaccess restrictions.You can find .htaccess in the main WordPress directory.Try out for this may be it can help.