Thread: Editing and Streaming PowerPoint presentation online

Editing and Streaming PowerPoint presentation online

I want to make my PowerPoint presentation online. I also want to edit them also at the same time. Right-now I save the file in my usb or update them on Google Drive. But I had seen a number of time there is s bit issue with PowerPoint after download. A few elements in its are missing. I want a simple way to make it complete online and for that I am also ready to buy a paid service. I am quiet sure there can be some solution for the same. I had tried looking for some service where I can find office live. How it works.

Re: Editing and Streaming PowerPoint presentation online

Office live is a free service. You can access that through your live account. But somehow it is limited to basic usage. I had also seen that when you upload ppt files online and open them in browser through some third party service, many elements are missing in that. It does not look how it looks on the desktop pc. To get a full presentation type of help you have to go for a third party presentation software. You can find ample of them. But you have to create the presentation in that and skip using PowerPoint.

Office 365 can help you to do what you are looking for. But do not expect much things from it. Because compare to a offline tool, online has tons of limitation. I am truing to view my ppt files online and I had seen a lot amount of elements in it does not load up. There are few missing objects also. It is really complicated to fix that online directly. You have to use some third party online service that provide you a full fledged PowerPoint features. And most of them which are available online are paid.

I try a bit different thing. I do not get option to edit the ppt files but I can simply view them anywhere I want. What I do is, save the ppt file in flv format and upload them on YouTube. I have my own channel where I have ample of presentations. I send the link to people whom I want to share and they can open and view them in the tablet or in the smartphone. We do not have much about editing things, but we can still make it view on lien more easily. I carry the ppt files with me and modify them as per my need.

You can try a service called as Prezi. This one is amazing and very much similar to online ppt. The good part of using this software is that you dont have to download a desktop software. It works well online and you can edit your files on various platform. You can edit your files on tablet, laptops, etc. It is simple and has all those options that you are looking for. Just create a account on the same and test back. There is a paid version available for the same which brings a lot of new features you can use and make a effective presentation.

There are so many online ppt services like Prezi. They are Emaze, SlideRocket, etc. Some of them give you a lot more options under a free account, while in some you wont get any option unless you buy the full version. I am quiet sure you will like any one of them. For presentation we have to use limited amount of stuff only due to lack of proper web based programming. Usually Microsoft Office is used by many people. You can keep yur files on cloud and download them to show people.