Thread: Adding simple video gallery on a static html page

Adding simple video gallery on a static html page

I want a bit help in adding a simple and nice video gallery on a html site. I am not able to find any good code on the web. I had seen some ready to use gallery but I am not able too add them. When I do the same my entire site is messed up. I have a very basic site with 4 pages. The first pages has a profile information about companies and then next one has contact information. I had kept other two pages empty to add content later on. I am having a lot issue is finalizing the site due to so many pending issues.

Re: Adding simple video gallery on a static html page

There are many ready to use html galleries available. You can try applying those. This gallery comes with a txt file which has detailed information about adding the same on a static page. That will be really simple and easy to use. Always go through the guide before adding them. You wont face any issue. Once simple thing you can do is simply download those pages on your pc and then make changes and test them directly there. It might start working. If that fails you have more options. Do not make changes on life server.

You can find image gallery mostly and they support video also. It is good if you can stick with a nice one. Anyhow if you are going to use a slideshow type of thing it is will put a bit load on the site. And it might also mess up with the theme. It is essential that you must try to use something light and test it first. Do not just apply the code on the web server directly. Because that can slow down your site. There are some have based light weight image gallery which also works for videos. You have to test different set of galleries to get the right output.

There is a different between adding a single video and adding a gallery. Here you can try to do things which are needed. If you only what to add one single video then you can do that through simple html codes. You have to upload the video on your server and you have to link that in the html page. That's it. But if want to create a entire gallery then you have to use some third party software. I am not sure you can do that on basic static website. This will be very complicated for you to manage.

I think you can try using YouTube for the same. If you have too many videos and you want them all on your page then you can use YouTube. YouTube offer you a free embeds code on your site. This embeds code is ready made and you get a flash box on the page. You just have to play it in the right location. Which will do the job. You have option to adjust the size of video as per your need. You can make it small or large. YouTube also works faster compare to your existing web server.

Recently I had made a site that came with ready to use HTML video gallery in it. This was really easy. Because the placement was done in the code and you dont have to go with any kind of manual changes. You will have to use a template for that. And it will be different in terms of look compare to your existing design. But it will manage the entire code easily. I am quiet sure the theme will get messed up if you try to do the same inside your existing html page. Make a new section and embeds a new template on that.