Thread: Gmail working slow after changing its theme

Gmail working slow after changing its theme

I did some customization on Gmail. I modified the theme and configured multiple inboxes on the same. I had done this changes on the basis of a articles from web. It showed me all proper way of making champagne. But it was not written that it will slow down the entire mail service. Whenever I open gmail it takes along time to open up. Sometime I have login multiple times. I am not able to find any options in the settings through which I can restore things back as it was before.

Re: Gmail working slow after changing its theme

The issue can be due to your internet connection. The slow issue an be due to that. You might not having a stable internet connection which is slowing down your entire mail service. Just try to run a ping command and check. I do not think this issue is due to theme settings. You can find ample of great themes for Chrome and it works well. But if you are on a slow internet connection then it will work slow. You will get a option to load the same in basic html which you can do.

Sometime it gets slow due to so many elements on the same. You must use the basic interface always if you want to use it for work purpose only. I had seen this problem on the high speed internet also. If you are having too many customization on the same the mail service will be working slow. It is good to go with the basic html which will be faster and will not eat much bandwidth also. You get a option for that at the bottom side. You have to click on that and done. It will start working.

The best way to go with is a email client. Because in that you dont have to go online and then login. Email clients like Thunderbird works better. They simply download all the emails on your desk and you have option to view them later on. It works a lot more faster compare to web browser. The good part here is that you can set the schedule to download emails. And ti will download those automatically. If you are having issue with gmail then just go ahead using the mail client. I am quiet sure that will help.

It is just because of your internet connection, some themes of gmail are heavy so they take time.