Thread: How to allow users to download wordpress blog as pdf file

How to allow users to download wordpress blog as pdf file

I have a client based requirement for a wordpress site. The site has some informative article based on automobile repairing. There are few users who want a option through which they can download the blog in form of pdf file. There is a print button on that. But that does not help. So I want to configure that. Does WordPress has a plugin through which you can save the article in pdf format. It will be really helpful for people to download the articles and then use them more effectively. Most of the articles on blog are having process for automobile repair.

Re: How to allow users to download wordpress blog as pdf file

There are many plugin for that. PrintFriendly plugin is the best one among all. This plugin will add a pdf and print button at the bottom of every article. People can click on that. They can either print it or they can either download the same in the form of a pdf file. This one is quiet simple to use also and you can enable and disable it as per your need. You can simply find the plugin on the WordPress plugin search. Just locate the widget and add it and then you configure the settings.

I am using Wordpress PDF Sidebar plugin on my site and this one works really well. The reason to use this plugin is that it allow you to download a good quality pdf files. You can also download the pdf of article based on its title. There is no need to open that completely. I am talking about the links on the page. Many plugins will not give you this kind of feature and it will also not work effectively. Also the plugin will add a option through which you can directly send the pdf file on email.

If you need a bit advance options then I think you must go with Blog2Print. You can add a button of this site on your page. This one is not a plugin but a kind of website through which one can download a complete ebook based on your blog. You just have to choose the date range from where you want the blog and at the end it will generate a ebook. That means a complete pdf file of almost all articles on the site. This would be a lot more effective solution compared to a regular pdf printing stuff.

The above option is paid and it is for one time use only. I do not think that is going to help much users in getting a pdf file. Luckily WordPress is having many options to create pdf file instantly from a blog page. You can go with PDF24 Articles To PDF. This one is also a free plugin and it works well. You get the same pdf button on all the articles. You can download and save the same. You can also easily email the files to your friend and share it. It is a easy to use plugin which has ample of different settings.

There are so many plugins but I am not really sure which one is stable. I had seen a number of time this plugins are unable to generate the page properly. It does not remain clear in text. It is a bit complicated to get the right plugin. I was looking for one that can help me to save pdf file and then simply store them on the cloud server. This must be done automatically from the WordPress itself. But this thing is not available. You have to manually download all the pages and then save them to the cloud.