Thread: Is it possible to record streaming audio file on Windows 7

Is it possible to record streaming audio file on Windows 7

Is there a way through which I can simply record a audio file which is playing in the background. Like I am streaming a song from online radio or something. There are few good songs which I wan to record and move them in my mobile phone. Each time for those songs I have to play them online and then only it works. I had seen a few articles on vlc which says that we can directly stream video and audio in it. But can we save those files also. I had checked the vlc also audio streaming is not working on that.

Re: Is it possible to record streaming audio file on Windows 7

I do not think you can do that. Because that is not allowed. You can stream YouTube videos on vlc. But you cannot save them or download them. It is not legal. If you want to those songs then you go for a paid subscription. Many online audio streaming site allow you to download if you subscribe them. They also have a mobile app from where you can directly stream and also download those. This help you to play the songs in offline mode. Just try to find the android application and use that.

There are third party downloaders that can help you to do that. But you cannot download or share the file without permission. It is right that you must go with the paid version or with some android app. So that you can get your songs on your mobile or on your tablet. And online music streaming site like Gaana also give you to have a offline streaming. But I think you have to go for the paid subscription. Once you subscribe you can also get your songs offline. So just go for that and try to find your songs.

Try to find the song on iTunes store or try to buy a dvd of the same. Then you can try having the songs wherever you want. Because you had owned the
    same. It could be considered as un-ethical if you are not having the right way of getting the audio file in your phone or pc. Streaming is a quiet nice solution and I had seen now a days songs can be stream on 2G also. You dont really need a very high speed internet connection for the same. Just try to find the mobile streaming solution.

There are so many music streaming application available for pc and mobile phone. And if you have android then you are having ample of solution. You can download and install the app on your device and stream the song you want. It will be really simple. And I am quiet sure many of the online streaming site has as huge amount of database where you can find the song you are looking for. And you an stream them directly. I am quiet not sure that those songs might work well on the 2G network. You need a 3G connection atleast.

I had downloaded a few application recently that allow me to use a online music streaming site on offline mode. I am not sure that is going to work with all or not. The application was working well when it suddenly stopped working. So it is of no use here to recommend. Now I am going to stream things online only. It works well but this is annoying. Sometime when your connection is done you dont have any option to stream those things. That is why offline streaming must be added in all.