Thread: Sync all facebook photos with Android Contacts

Sync all facebook photos with Android Contacts

I want to sync all of my facebook photos with my android phone contact. I have around 80 phone numbers and all of this people are on facebook. I want some app that can automatically add a profile pic on every number. This would be easier for me to identify which number belongs to whom. I had tried using a third party app but it also pulled out a lot of email ids from the faebook profile. And it was hard to find proper contacts in the same. Is there a good app available for the same.

Re: Sync all facebook photos with Android Contacts

To fix this issue, please type this Title on youtube search box. I see one video on you-tube regarding this issue and it definitely helps you to overcome

"How to sync facebook contacts and photos to your Android Devices"

There is no app for that. I am also trying to find something similar from long time. I am not able to locate any good app that can simply update a lot of Facebook profile photos on the contacts. I had uploaded all my contacts on Gmail. And I manage them through that. It is easier to use. You just have to click on that to edit any file. You can add extra information related to birth date and other stuff. But this one is not working. I hope in future there can be some apps which works in the similar manner.

It is a full manual process. Here you have to add photos one by one on the gmail contacts and then it is going to appear in your contact book. There is no direct way to sync the photos. Most of the time I had seen when you use a third party software it just sync anything. Most of them are not people faces. They pull photo from profile cover, or from any post. But to set a exact photo which is based on people face you have to go manually. It is just an one time update and then all photos will remain visible in the contact book.

One thing I agree that when you sync multiple accounts in your phone a number of useless email ids are also synced. I had seen this on my tablet. There are lot of spam ids which are synced with the mobile phone and it becomes hard to find any data or information from the same. To keep your contacts clean you have to go with the manual process. You can use outlook for that. Outlook allow you to keep your contacts updated. You can add people photos on that and then upload the same on gmail.

There is one more issue I found while using Outlook Address book. I had updated a few photos on the Gmail account. And then exported a csv file from the same. When I imported the same in outlook it is not taking the photos. They are missing. I thought the contacts photo will also get updated directly in the outlook. But things are quiet weird here. This means in future if you had done any changes in the outlook you have to forge the photos also. Those will be also missing. The entire process then begins again from start.

The only way to get a proper output is using third party contact manager. There are ample of them available. For android you cannot find anything better than Contact+. This app is good and it can give you the kind of features you are looking for. You can keep your contacts updated on the same. And here everything will be proper visible. OR there are some other also but you will have to check that online. There are some cloud based contact management and I am quiet sure they are paid.