Thread: Looking for a simple WordPress gallery for company site

Looking for a simple WordPress gallery for company site

I want a bit help to find a good photo gallery for WordPress. I am not able to find anything here. The one which is installed is very slow. It takes a long time to load up. I want a light weight one. There is no need to have any kind of fancy features in the site. Just a nice gallery on the front page to show up different photos related to the company work. I am not able to find a good one. I hope there can be some free options enable. I cannot test each and every plugin on the live site.

Re: Looking for a simple WordPress gallery for company site

You can create a test environment for the testing purpose. That will help you more in exploring the gallery features. For that all you have to do is download and install xampp on your system. This tool is very simple and easy to use. This tool allow you to have a virtual web server environment on your system. You can then use that to make your site better. Always test things on your test server first and then make it live. So that there must be no errors on the same. Just create a platform and test different free galleries.

There are many of them. If you need something for gallery then you can try using Simple Photo Gallery. This gallery si easy to use and has a very nice ui. You can hook the gallery one page and you can then share your photos through a site. You just have to update the plugin on your site and done. You can use a bit short codes to configure the site gallery. I do not think there is any better tool than this. It is lightweight and does not cause much load on the site also. Just try this one.

When you are going for gallery then just try to find what type you want. Like there are some with thumbnail icons, there are some with slideshows, etc. You have to find which one is easy for you and then only go for the same. You can find many on the official site. It is good to create a test environment and run WordPress on that. You can install plugins directly on that. You can test as many galleries you want and configure the site on it. Most of this galleries work through short codes.

I am using WP Simple Galleries. The reason to use this is that it offer me a very simple platform to upload all my images. It does not has too much fancy settings. It is good for anyone who need a basic gallery for their site. It has a nice image manager that works with default WordPress image settings. You can add and upload your images on the gallery direct and set the way you want to see the photos. You have to go in settings and then click on media and then click on the thumbnail size. Set up the size of image as per your need.

The good part of using WordPress is that you have to so many choices. You can go with different galleries and if you dont like you can change them also. The most popular gallery among all is NextGEN Gallery. This one brings many easy to use features. You can upload your site and configure the same as per your need. It gives you pin internet type gallery if you want. You can also watermark your images. It has a slideshow and light box type of effect for the images with integrated social sharing.