Thread: Get rid of related searches side bar from Firefox

Get rid of related searches side bar from Firefox

I am having a related searches side bar on Firefox. Whenever I open any website this appear up. It is quiet annoying and I think this is some kind of virus. The day it started coming on my screen the browser is also working slow. I want some help to fix the problem. I had tried to restart the browser. I cannot find any settings through which I can turn this thing off. I had also tried to check in my pc but I am not able to find any recently installed program. How to remove this permanently. I had just recently formatted my system.

Re: Get rid of related searches side bar from Firefox

It is a malware and it does not goes so easily. You have to find the depending plugin or program which is running that. Try to find which is the most recently installed program in your system and remove it. It can be some add-on or some software. A number of time when we install any free software it adds additional toolbar or any free tool which can trigger this thing. You have to remove that. You can also try re-installing the browser which will remove it completely.

Re-installing the web browser is not going to help you much. This is a third party tool which is going to work in all your browser. It is just like hijacking your web browser. You have to go in control pane and click on uninstall program. You can find a third part program there. Click on that and then click on remove button. It will uninstall the same. Now restart your system and then launch the browser. In that go in addons and disable the if there is any. This will stop working.

I had got the issue on Internet Explorer. A third party tool was installed on my system when I was trying to install a free game. I re-installed the browser a number of time but still it keeps on installing on my system. When I search in control panel > uninstall program and I found Atuzi. This tool was causing the problem. It created two new side bars on the browser. And a one banner at the bottom side. It keeps on showing up so many ads and the browser was slowed down. It was very annoying.

Add malwarebytes in your system. I am quiet sure this is also going to help you in fixing the problem you are facing. Malwarebytes deal with various malware issue on your system. You can find the trail online. Install this and scan your pc in safe mode. And then test back. It might remove if there is no third party program installed on your system. Remember this things are very annoying and they spread through lan on other browser also. So just get rid of this first. Use a good antivirus scanner to scan your pc.

Most of the free antivirus are unable to detect this. That is why you have to use a good one. Like Norton. Fortunately you get a 30 day trail for the same. You can test the full version for a month. Try to activate all the features and keep scanning your pc. Norton is more better than other, but it is also resource intensive. It can slow down your pc due to many services. But at start you can use it for cleaning then shift to some free one. If nothing works then the last option left is to format your pc.