Thread: Firefox 30.0 freezing while typing in Google Search box

Firefox 30.0 freezing while typing in Google Search box

I had updated Firefox to the latest version. I found one issue with this browser. Whenever I open Google and type in the search box the browser freezes. And after 30 seconds it respond back. This happen every time when I am using Google. Sometime site like YouTube take a long time to load. Google Searches also take time to appear. I have more issue with image search. I want a bit help to fix the issue. Before update it was working really fast. I never has this problem. Can I downgrade to the old version back.

Re: Firefox 30.0 freezing while typing in Google Search box

There is no need to downgrade. I think the issue is with some plugins that you had installed in the browser. You can just try to disable them. Turn off all unwanted toolbars or addons from your browser and restart it. And then check back. You can also open the browser in safe mode which will help you in fixing the issue. Firefox has a option through which you can reset its entire settings. You just have to go in the about:config page and there you have option to reset it. Try that. But this is going to remove everything.

Re: Firefox 30.0 freezing while typing in Google Search box

The issue lies with the internet connection. If it is not stable the the browser freezes a lot. I get the issue when I try to open multiple tabs at the same time. The entire browser freezes and does not respond. And after 40 seconds when the net connection goes to stable it starts working well. It is not related to any plugin or settings. It is due to unstable internet connection. You have to check that once. You can use the ping command to find the information on the same.