Thread: Firefox crashing when hardware acceleration in enabled

Firefox crashing when hardware acceleration in enabled

It looks Firefox is having some issue on my Windows 8 system. I am trying to play a few online games. And for that I had enabled hardware acceleration. But when I launch the site to start the game the browser crash instantly. I am not able to get any solution for that. The browser work well without that. But the game that I am trying to play freeze a lot. I want to turn this thing on and the browser just crash after that. I am using the latest version of Firefox in my system. And this kind of issue keeps on appearing up.

Re: Firefox crashing when hardware acceleration in enabled

I think you have to re-install Firefox to get rid of that problem. And you can do that by going in Control Panel > Uninstall program. Just go and remove the web browser. And then find the latest version from the official site and install the same. Then try back. A fresh installation will remove all plugin and damage stuff. And then browser will work more better. By default hardware acceleration is turned on. There is no need to go ahead with manual settings. Try this thing. This will definitely work.

Re: Firefox crashing when hardware acceleration in enabled

You have to switch off all the extension in the browser. This are the things which are causing issue. Or you can just remove them. Then try to start everything back again and I am quiet sure this will work. I am using Firefox from really long time and I had yet not faced any issue in that. It is working well with online videos and game. If you are getting this issue again then you can try checking the same thing in Chrome. Just see that in it crashes or not. If it will crash then it means the site is buggy.