Thread: FTP plugin for Firefox web browser

FTP plugin for Firefox web browser

I want to add a ftp plugin on Firefox Web browser. I have some tiny site work. Where I built up html 5 websites and upload. Now I cannot add a ftp client on my pc at my office. Here installation is restricted. I want to do this directly from the browser and it must remain working at the backside. I am unable to locate any good solution for the same. At home I am using Filezilla. It is fast and accurate. I edit my files at home but to upload them I have no time. So I need to do this at my office.

Re: FTP plugin for Firefox web browser

There is a plugin for that. But this is going to slow down your browser. Using multiple browsers can help you in dealing with the issue. What you can do is simply add FireFTP on your browser. And use this to upload files. I am quiet sure this is going to work really fast and allow you a hidden file upload. But remember if your browser is closed then you will loose your uploads it is essential that this must keep on working. There are not much ftp clients available for the browser directly.

Compare to Firefox, Chrome has more ftp plugins. If you add ftp in Firefox and if it wont work well then your browser might freeze. Just add chrome on your system and install the plugin in that. Connect to your ftp server and upload things. There are so many choices available on the chrome web store. You can click on that and add your ftp details. This things are also easy to use. You can try using sFTP Client which is a free extension for chrome and works really easy. It has simple settings.

Why don't you use a portable ftp client from a pen drive. If you are allowed to use a usb then you can just use that. There is no need to install this portable software. You can find a full pack on the web and you can start using the same. It comes with browser, video player and fpt clients. All this portable apps does not need any installation. You can double click on the exe file to start them. I am quiet sure you can find the portable version of FileZilla on the web. And you can use that for uploading your files.

The best portable client according to me is WinSCP. The reason is it is very light and has a simple interface. I keep this on my mail through zip file format. And once you are done with downloading file you can launch it directly. You dont need to install anything. It is fast and simple to use. Just try this client and check back. It is freely available. Other clients might be a bit heavy to use. While compare to that WinSCP is lightweight. You can carry the same in the pen drive also.

I am using FlashFXP from long time. I always keep a ftp configuration file in my pen drive. To connect I just have to import that file in FlashFXP. When I shifted my system I found a usb version of FlashFXP. I am using that now. The good part here is that you just have to double click to start the application and you can import the ftp configuration file in the same. Compare to other ftp clients I found this one more stable. It does not crash if you are doing hours of uploading job.