Thread: How to find whether a Facebook profile is fake or not

How to find whether a Facebook profile is fake or not

A number of times I had seen there are lots of friend request of people who I dont know. I want to know the way through which we can find whether a profile is genuine or not. Most of the profile I saw has pics of people. One bad thing about this fake profile is that once you add them they start posting unwanted stuff on the wall and this post are gone to all the friends in the list. This has happen to me once and due to that I do not want to accept anyone who is not known to me. Facebook does not has a feature through which we can mark as fake profile.

sad Re: How to find whether a Facebook profile is fake or not

I also face this problem many times....
    Please help me...

Re: How to find whether a Facebook profile is fake or not

Quote Originally Posted by sidharthsharma View Post
    I also face this problem many times....
    Please help me...
    You need to first check whether somebody with the fake account is a con artist or so. Those all will be impostors who may be setting you up to steal your identity or valuable information, so that they can use it to manipulate someone else.

Yes Facebook must have a fake profile mark button. If a few people are marking a profile as fake then it must get banned. There must be many ways through which Facebook can verify whether a profile is genuine or not. Like the phone verification thing. Today there are huge amount of fake things. First people make a decent profile and send request. When you add them the start putting adult content, offensive post or product promotion. This is really annoying. It is good not to accept anyone's friend request if you are not not sure.

Facebook is annoying sometime. Fake profiles are big problem. To identify them checkout the pics and about us page. They do not update any person information. There will be no photos of real person. Most of those will be from internet. This fake profile hardly change their profile pic. And they do not use any Facebook cover which is a mixture of their pics or thoughts. This type of profiles are easy to identify. This are mostly made for promotion. You must report them as spam. If too many spam request goes to Google then this profiles are banned permanently.