Thread: Firefox fails to start after running update

Firefox fails to start after running update

What is the issue with Firefox web browser. I got a popup for new update and after doing the same it is crashing. I am not able to use the same. I had tried to fix the same but it failed. I first thought restarting would resolve the issue. But that did not worked. When I try to launch it, it take as a long time to open up and after typing any url in the address bar, the browser crash. There is a Mozilla crash report popup on the screen. I want a bit help to fix this. I am having many bookmarks on that and I do not want to loose them.

Re: Firefox fails to start after running update

There is one way to fix the issue. First download and install Mozbackup in your pc. This tool will backup your entire bookmarks. Then remove the browser but do not remove the personalization settings. Upon removal Firefox setup will ask you for the same. If you tick on removing the data then your bookmarks, passwords, etc everything will be wiped out. Once done re-install the browser back again. Firefox might pickup all the old addons and bookmarks. If not them Mozbackup can help you.

Re: Firefox fails to start after running update

According to me this is some kind of addon problem. There is some addon that is not compatible and it is causing the crash. Instead of removing Firefox just download the latest version and keep that on your desktop. Run the setup and then check back. This will resolve the issue. You are just overwriting the files back again and it is more than enough to resolve the problem. You dont have to remove it. If you uninstall then there is a risk of loosing your bookmarks and passwords.