Thread: How to bypass capped torrent download speed

How to bypass capped torrent download speed

I have a new 8mps connection. I am trying to download a few files from torrent. But the download speed is stuck at 100kbps. It is not moving ahead. When I download from some other site I am getting constant 1mbps of download speed. I am using utorrent here. I had upgraded my plan to download files and now this thing is capped by the ISP. Is there a way through which we can bypass this capping. Through some third party software. It is taking long time to download a 9gb file. I want to get maximum speed here.

Re: How to bypass capped torrent download speed

It is blocked by your ISP. Many ISP controls torrent speed to block file sharing. Because mostly on torrent you can find pirated content. And people
    download and share those files for which they are not authorized. So here you have to contact your isp for the same. If you are downloading any important file then it is good if you can use other file sharing website. There are few available which offer you a large size file sharing. You can use them. For others I am not really sure. You cannot bypass them.

That is right. I am also having the same issue. I am using uTorrent. And when I download anything the speed is very less. But on other download things goes fine. I am having a 4mbps internet connection. I was about to upgrade. I asked the ISP about torrent, and he said it is regulated. They are having plan for video streaming and for online gaming, but not for torrent download. You have to use it just like that. I am not quiet sure that you will be able to get high speed there.

There is a tiny hack that can help you. I am not really sure but you can test as you are having a high speed internet connection. There is a way through which you can download a torrent file in the form of zip file. And a zip file can be downloaded with different download manager. The fastest one is IDM. There were some online site which were offering you this service. You can find those online. All you have to do is copy the torrent link on those site and convert them into a zip format and then download it.

The issue can be due to poor seeders also. Just check how many seeders you are having when you are downloading the file. If they are less then you wont get good speed or the download is going to take really long time. Or you can try changing your torrent client. Sometime the torrent client cause the issue. I am using Tixati. It is the simplest torrent client. It is light and works really well. I am downloading file in this and it is taking the maximum bandwidth. Remove utorrent and check this one.

The ISP does not block the torrent downloads, they filter the application you are using for download. Like uTorrent is the most popular torrent downloader. When you use this you get a slow speed. In the same way if you use something else then you will get more faster download speed. You can add BitFox addon on Firefox and use that for download. Through this you can download a file directly in the web browser. There is no need to use utorrent. Just try this. I am quiet sure it is going to work.