Thread: Google is going to shutdown Orkut

Google is going to shutdown Orkut

It was in news that soon Google is going to shutdown its old social networking site Orkut. It was the first I think that got popularity but later on when Facebook came it went down. It is a fair decision to close the same. I do not think there are many people who are really having any account on orkut. Compare to that Facebook is more interesting. There is no competition for Facebook. It is the only giant which is ruling the social networking world alone. In place of orkut we can expect some more good services by Google.

Re: Google is going to shutdown Orkut

Orkut is very old and outdated. It is time for a change. Google is already having Google Plus which is not very popular but gaining a bit of more popularity due to its usage. It is a common future of many outdated sites which are going to close down if people are not really using the same. Recently many new type of social network websites came into presence. And they are a flop. It is right that Facebook alone is quiet popular and has no competition when it comes to social networking.

Re: Google is going to shutdown Orkut

This must be closed long back. I do not know why it is still on. The site is outdated and now there is very less interest left in the same. There are many new social platform appeared. Like Stumbleupon, Pin interest, etc. Each of these are bringing up a unique way of sharing content. And many sites are using their plugin for promotion. I had not seen anyone using orkut yet. It is a decade old site.