Thread: Malware slowed down IE and crashing constantly

Malware slowed down IE and crashing constantly

There is a bit issue with internet explorer in my system. I am not aware from where a malware is installed on my pc. And when I try to open any page it redirect me to web search. Also the browser crashes instantly. Everything is working really slow. I had tried scanning my system with avg but it is not detecting anything. When I open Firefox it also has the same kind of issue. And the problem is same with Google chrome also. I want a bit help here to fix my pc. Can I run system restore. Will that help.

Re: Malware slowed down IE and crashing constantly

Your system is already infected with malware so system restore is not going to help. If you are on a lan network then the first thing you must do is disconnect your pc from the same. Because the virus will spread in every pc. This kind of malware are very complicated to remove manually. Install malwarebytes in your system and scan in safe mode. See if that helps. It is a good anti-malware. Keep on scanning with the same and test back.

I did as you said. I installed malwarebytes and it found hundreds of malware in the pc. I am scanning it continuously and the detection rate is going down. But the browser issue is not solved. There is still some additional popup ads on the screen and there is a tiny drop down page type animation on the top right. It takes me to any other shopping site. I want to remove this because it is slowing down the browser. Can I use any other antivirus which can resolve the problem.

If you are using Firefox then try to check in tools and then click on addons. Inside that you can find out a few simple way to resolve the problem you are facing. To test you can start Firefox in safe mode. If that thing is disabled then it means there are few addons installed on the browser which are causing the issue. You have to remove them. You can reset the entire Firefox settings. For that go in help and click on Troubleshooting Information. There click on reset Firefox and check back.

The drop-down thing which you are getting on your browser is a deals ad. And this occur when you install something in your pc. There can be toolbar. For that you have to go in control panel and click on uninstall program. Just remove all those things which you are not using and which you don't recognize. Then restart your pc and check back. Re-installing Firefox and Chrome can also help. I am not sure about Internet Explorer. Just remove all the addons.

This are the most nasty malware. I had also gone through the same issue. First I installed malwarebytes which showed me around 400 malware and then it quarantined all of them. But that drop down page was still there. And the default home page was changed. I tried to change it but it did not work. I scanned the system with different antivirus in safe mode which also does not worked. At last the only thing I did is formatted my pc and install windows back again.