Thread: You streaming take long time on high speed internet

You streaming take long time on high speed internet

I am having a bit issue with youtube streaming on Firefox. When I play any video, it takes along time to start. It is around after a minute or two. Till that time the buffering icon keeps on scrolling in between. I want a bit help to fix this issue. I have a 1mbps internet connection which looks to be enough for day to day usage and also ideal for video streaming. But that is not working. What can be the issue. Is this due to antivirus also. I am using a internet pack.

Re: You streaming take long time on high speed internet

You have to once check the internet speed. I am talking about constant connectivity. Like if the internet is breaking in between then this type of issue occur. You can find that out by the ping command. Just go in cmd and type ping google.com -t and hit enter. You wll get a response. If the response is continuous then it means the net is fine but if it is breaking then you have to call your ISP and tell him about the problem.

The issue can be with the browser also. You have to switch to some other for testing purpose. Like you can test using Opera browser. This browser is also great for web surfing and it is really stable. You can try opening the youtube videos in it and check back. If it works then the issue is with the Firefox web browser. You can try re-installing it or updating to the latest version. Sometime some addon also cause issue. You can disable that.

There is a way through which you can reset the Firefox settings without removing it. You have to go in about:support. In that you go in the Troubleshooting information page and there you can click on reset Firefox. Once you are done with that then try to stream the content back again and I am quiet sure this will work. If this also does not work then it is best re-install the entire browser back. Just check that and try once again.

There is one more thing you can try. You can re-install the flash player back in your system to fix the issue. Go on the official website and download the same. Then update that and check back. You can open up the youtube in that. If it is still taking a long time to stream then surely it is your isp issue. Your internet connection might have a fup type of thing due to which the speed is limited when you stream too much.

I agree with that. I have the same issue. I have a 1mbps line with a limit of 5gb. And that gets used up really fast when I am using youtube. After that the website takes a really long time to stream content. But when the fup limit is not utilized then it is still more easier to surf internet. There are few boosters available on web that you can download and test. That might boost up the media streaming speed. Just try them.