Thread: How to bypass bandwidth capping

How to bypass bandwidth capping

Many internet connection today comes with a fup policy. That means you are having a limited internet data download limit. I want to know how can I simply bypass this. I am not able to figure out how my bandwidth is used up within 10 days. I have a 2mbps line which comes with a 5GB data download limit and after that the speed is 512kbps. I have different devices at home which share the internet through wifi. I want a bit help here to bypass the limit.

Re: How to bypass bandwidth capping

You cannot bypass the limit. There is no software for the same. This internet lines are capped at the time when you buy it. And after the limit is crossed you get a slow speed. Almost all unlimited download lines comes with this limited download. You have to check your internet usage. You have to see and verify and ensure that you are not using the internet a lot for youtube. When you stream videos on hd the limit is utilized completely.

I am using a bandwidth monitor software in my pc. This tool keep a track on all ongoing traffic. Through which I am able to figure where I am using the internet speed maximum. For example most of the time people use youtube and they stream the content on a hd format. Which eat up the bandwidth really fast. So here I had told people to stream on a lower video resolution. That saves a lot of bandwidth. Do not use above 360p.

A huge amount of internet bandwidth is utilized by video streaming. And we are not aware about that. You said you are having different devices at your home and I am quiet sure all of them are simply streaming the video content. If you have site like Netflix then it is always good to pay for a unlimited connection. Or else your internet speed will keep on fluctuating. You can limit the bandwidth per pc through a software.

I got this issue many time due to youtube streaming. There are only two people at my home who are using internet. One on tablet and other on pc. Now they use youtube a lot and stream video at hd. That is why my internet speed is used up. I only have a 2GB fup. After that the speed is reduced and you cannot even open email. In youtube there is a playback settings. In that I had select I have slow internet connection. And in this way I am able to save some bandwidth.

There are many tools which you can use to limit the internet bandwidth. In this way people will be allowed to use a specific amount only and other will be left. The bandwidth will still remain for others and the fup will not be utilized. There is one tool you can try. You can use net limiter. It is a bandwidth organizer software that you can install in all pc and limit the internet usage. Otherwise there is no other way to reduce the bandwidth usage.