Thread: Can installing too much extension on chrome cause malware issue

Can installing too much extension on chrome cause malware issue

I want to install different addons on Chrome through the Chrome Store. Last time I did this on Firefox and there was a popup. Each time when I open any website I was getting tons of addons all around the screen which I was not able to remove. I removed the browser and switch to chrome. I like to test new extensions. I can see a lot of them in the Chrome Store but I do not want to install any malicious one. I want to know how to find whether a extension is save or not.

Re: Can installing too much extension on chrome cause malware issue

It can spread malware if you add them from free games or software. Many time when you install free games or software you get toolbars with them. And once you install the same they keep on adding new things in the browser. Ad popup is one of the most annoying thing that keeps on coming up. So here what you can do is remove the browser extension if it cause any problem like this. Take a note down and never install it back again.

There are tons of browser extension which can cause issue. This run from the browser and can display add or simply track what you are browsing. If you are using a good internet security pack then you don't have to worry much. You can simply use it. The antivirus will take care about the malicious activity. But if you are not using a effective security solution then better stick with popular one only. Don't just install anything.

The browser does not has a feature to identify whether a toolbar or addon has malware or not. But when you add them you get a message on the screen about permission stuff. And most of the time people blindly allow it. It is good if you can use those what you trust. You can check on internet about the extension whether it is safe to use or not. Malicious extension can track your information also. Like your passwords.

I think compare to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox is more better when it comes to browser extension. Firefox has a feature that can notify you whether the addon that you are installing is safe more not. And you can skip the installation. I had never seen this message in Chrome. I was installing a addon directly by downloading it from torrent and I got a error message about malicious content in Firefox. This makes it more safer to use.

According to me no addon or toolbar, or extension is safe. Because I had even seen ads on many popular addon. This is done by different tiny plugins which get added when you are trying to install one thing in your pc. It is good if you can simply use the browser without addon. And disallow any popup if it ask you to install thing in the browser. Use the browser in safe mode if you think you have added something wrong.