Thread: Help to move all my Firefox bookmarks from Windows 7 to Ubuntu

Help to move all my Firefox bookmarks from Windows 7 to Ubuntu

I want some help to move my entire Firefox bookmarks from Windows 7 to Ubuntu. I am shifting to a new pc which has Ubuntu in it. And it has Firefox pre-installed. I want some help to move the bookmarks so that I can work on the same. It is bit annoying to keep changing the pc. Most of the time I keep the link saved in a word file and use that to open when I am not using my pc. But this require multiple manual updates.

Re: Help to move all my Firefox bookmarks from Windows 7 to Ubuntu

There is no need to do that. You can simply export all the bookmarks from the Firefox and import that in Ubuntu. Whenever you are doing any changes you just have to export the bookmarks and maintain a new file. You can then import that in your new system and done. It is very easy to manage and you can keep the file in your usb or on Google Drive. In this way you will have all your bookmarks at one place.

Re: Help to move all my Firefox bookmarks from Windows 7 to Ubuntu

You can try different things to get your bookmarks on different system. First you can use Mozbackup. In this you don't have to many export anything. You can just simply use the tool to backup and restore. But it works on windows so you wont be able to use it on Ubuntu. The second thing you can do is use Firefox Sync. It has a internal feature through which you can sync your bookmarks. You just have to create account in that. Go in Tools > options and there at the end you can see sync.